Dinner, Sat. Jan. 12 th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm definitely having Ol-Blue's meatloaf recipe. I just popped it in the oven.... Boy it smelled good :) but now I realize I won't have gravy for the mashed potatoes :( Ackkk! How do all these places (up north) come up with the gravy for hot meatloaf sandwiches?
So now I've got about an hour to come up with something else besides my peas... maybe I'll still have the mashed taters with butter on them instead.
Very good football game on, BTW.

Homemade chicken/veg/noodle soup with N.Y. Times bread per the recipe and method in the January & February issue of Cook's Illustrated. Made the bread earlier this afternoon and just took a little taste. Awesome!!!! I followed the recipe exactly as given for the first time. I'm going to make it again tomorrow and use bread flour instead of all-purpose. It'll be interesting to see if there is any appreciable difference. Not sure what we'll have for dessert. Maybe more bread.:angel:

I see this NY Times bread mentioned on her all the time. Must be good. I'll have to look up the recipe and give it a go.
And I'm interested in hearing what difference you noticed between AP and bread flour.

we had snacks and appetizers for dinner (veggies and dip, Port Salut, Sopprasetta, crackers, wine). we had a big lunch today - lobster stir fry at a hole in the wall place a friend took us to.
Just watching football and lazing around now.

I stopped in the fish market early and noticed beautiful kumomoto oysters...

So..

Raw kumomoto oysters with lime zest and a balsamic reduction

Arugula salad with stilton, blood orange segments, and cranberry/leek compote.

Chilean sea bass, pan seared and oven roasted with sun dried tomatoes, served over black truffle mashed red bliss potatoes and grilled asparagus.

Dessert was almond cheesecake with fresh blackberries.

Cocktail of the evening was Blanton's bourbon (sadly, all gone now:() and we enjoyed a california merlot with dinner. Ruby port with dessert.

I also baked the bread for dinner - a cranberry pecan braided loaf.

Back
Top Bottom