Dinner, Sat. Oct 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Gosh everyone eating out tonight? - lol I made a big pot of country style ribs and rice. w/ can of collards with bacon drippings and cornbread.

not sure yet ... its our anniversary .. thinking about going out ..
mabe go buy a couple steaks .. who knows .. one thing i am sure of ..
it sure is quiet when the kids are at grandmas for a night ..

Congratulations, loves2"Q." Hope you have a happy anniversary any way you celebrate it. Sure is amazing how quiet a house can be when the children are away.

As for our dinner tonight, today was our monthly "date" day and we had fabulous pizza for a late lunch. Delicious and we're both still full so we'll probably hit the refrigerator for something leftover to fill the hole later tonight. Brought home 2 slices of pizza, so we may have a cold encore if we don't raid the leftovers.

We were cleaning out the summer garden this afternoon, then shopping for fall garden plants, then grocery shopping - I must have four or five pounds of tomatillos.

Anyway, I'm making fried rice with chicken from leftovers - I have several cups of rice with veggies that were leftover after a luncheon at work and DH grilled a large package of chicken legs that he took out of the small freezer he was defrosting, so I'll mix those together with a scrambled egg and some garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil, and maybe one of those green chiles I have :)

Saturday nights dinner... Rolled beef roast cooked on a spit, basted with wine, salt, pepper. Grilled asparagus with olive oil and sea salt. For desert, some home made carmel popcorn still warm from the pan.... Dinner was served with a nice Cabernet, dessert with coffee with a touch a Brinley's Gold Coffee rum(a sweet, vanilla, carmel flavored rum). The only pot to clean---the carmel pan.... Ah.... perhaps another glass of wine.....

I agree, James and I would have gladly helped you polish off that meal Jeff!

We had baked chicken, baked potatoes, and cold pickled beets.

:)Barbara

We had a big chef's salad with all kinds of goodies in it, and toasted garlic bread. Tasted good after all the sandwiches we've been eating lately.

Barabara, Katie... you would have both been welcome.

I had never made the Carmel corn before. It's a nice desert. I just kind of made it on a whim, no recipe and it worked!!

sorry to post so late...had friends over for dinner, 7 of us. Charcoal grilled butterflied leg of lamb marinated in traditional Greek mode with onions garlic olive oil rosemary and lemon. Sauteed brandied mushrooms, mixed green and wax beans with bacon and white wine, baby yukon golds 1/4ed and roasted in salted dijon rosemary red pepper "glaze", chilled peeled asparagus salad with lemon dijon vinaigrette and nasturtiums, whole wheat salao bread, ... hors d'oeurves included home made humus with pita and cucumber slices, feta and local Amish jack cheeses (red pepper nad herb garlic), hard Italian salami, olives and stuffed peperonccino. Guests brough wine and one did desert...fabulous creme brule. Finished with choices of fresh roasted coffee, white tea, Delaware craft distilled rum, Malt whiskey, Rye, Porto. A nice evening was had by all.

Back
Top Bottom