Dinner Saturday, 3-26-2016 ~ Holy Supper, Batman!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
In the old days, when we had a gang of us at home, it would be the blessed food from the trip to church Saturday morning. Now, with just two of us, we say grace for whatever I put in front of us. ;)

I'm in the mood for Chinese, so I'll make a chicken stir-fry with a little bird and a lot of veggies. Over rice, which I will make a lot of so I can make ham fried rice sometime next week.

What's supp' at your place?

Oyster mushroom, sweet garlic, arugula in a rosso cinzano and butter sauce over fettuccine.

I did a light fast yesterday then had a small meal after Good Friday service.

Tonight is chicken chalupas and then will go to church and make the scared fire to light the Paschal Candle. I do feel honored but then the vicar knows I know my way around a campfire. :rolleyes:

Everyone's dinners sound wonderful! :yum:

I stopped at Jack In The Box around 2 today while out shopping. Didn't look exactly like this of course, but it really wasn't bad for a once-in-a-while fast food burger, and I was starving half to death. :LOL: I'll just nibble on some fruit and veggies a little later this evening and call that dinner. :)

Attachments

• 2_ClassicButteryJack.png
    2_ClassicButteryJack.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 85
Everyone's dinners sound wonderful! :yum:

I stopped at Jack In The Box around 2 today while out shopping. Didn't look exactly like this of course, but it really wasn't bad for a once-in-a-while fast food burger, and I was starving half to death. :LOL: I'll just nibble on some fruit and veggies a little later this evening and call that dinner. :)

That's why it tasted so good! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

...once-in-a-while fast food burger...
Loved the way you qualified that!

Dinner was great. And there are tons of leftovers. Not planned that way, but Himself headed upstairs with a killer headache about five minutes before it was ready. Probably caused by me telling him the kitchen faucet was leaking from somewhere. Even the thought of work makes him ill. :glare: :mrgreen:

This is what he missed:

Attachments

• 2016-03-26 20.08.36.jpg
    2016-03-26 20.08.36.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 129
Looks good CG. :yum: Reminds me to get some more mushrooms tomorrow. I'm out, and love those little beauties in salads, sautéed, in casseroles - just about any way.

I hope Himself feels better soon.

I had some leftover onion-bell pepper-tomato sauce from last week, so I reheated that, cooked some penne pasta, and mixed them together. I also made romaine and veggie salads for us both and we each had a seedy roll from the dozen I made. Yummy stuff :yum:

Forgot to take a picture of dinner, but here are the seed mix and the rolls ;)

Attachments

• 1459047572762.jpg
    1459047572762.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 1459047587552.jpg
    1459047587552.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 130
I stuck a halibut fillet in the sous vide,then topped it with some mayo/capers/herbs then panko and broiled for a minute. Made a risotto with some dried tomatoes and pesto, and steamed asparagus.

And Girl Scout cookies for dessert. ...Samoas.

I had this for dinner tonight, found it in the frozen foods section. Never heard of it. It's actually very good. The steak tasted like steak, the black beans were a nice addition. 39% of daily fiber. It's a bit pricey compared to other frozen dinners ( $4.99), so I won't be buying it all the time.

P1010001.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom