Dinner Saturday 9-7-2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pasta - Rigatoni & Meatballs

We had home-made tomato & basil sauce with home-made Italian sausage meatballs, and bite-sized rigatoni pasta & grated pecorino romano cheese topping.

Attachments

• IMG_8765 Rigatoni & Meatballs.jpg
    IMG_8765 Rigatoni & Meatballs.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 133
Dinner was a freezer meal of meatballs with a chipotle cream sauce over egg noodles. Dessert was a piece of SO’s pumpkin pie. IMG_3033.jpg

I made another curry tonight, and I think I liked this better than last night's (though that was good, also). This had a pound of okra,which was stir-fried with a generous amount of shallots, spiced up with some mustard seeds, sambar masala, turmeric, asafoetida, green chiles, and some curry leaves, with some turmeric as the sour component. It was thickened with some puréed toor dal, which was cooked separately in the IP. I served it with some roti, which was a little dryer than the ones last night - I'm not able to get the texture of those things just right yet, like I can with corn tortillas.
Finished curry, with roti by pepperhead212, on Flickr

As I was adding the ajwain to the roti today and yesterday, I was wondering how it would be in a WW or rye bread instead of caraway, or in addition to caraway (like I do with nigella, in smaller amounts). I am going to have to try this in a smaller batch. Has anybody done this before?

Last edited:

As I was adding the ajwain to the roti today and yesterday, I was wondering how it would be in a WW or rye bread instead of caraway, or in addition to caraway (like I do with nigella, in smaller amounts). I am going to have to try this in a smaller batch. Has anybody done this before?

I have only made chapati, not roti. But, all the roti I have ever had was wholewheat, so it does work.

Chinese Take-out !

Dragon & Phoenix !
Dragon; Shrimp and veggies in a fiery hot concoction...
Phoenix; Pretty much General Tso's Chicken, but just a bit sweeter on the sauce ...

Had the Dragon today, will make a fresh batch of Jasmine rice and have the Phoenix tomorrow !
Cold Stove Weekend ! YAY !

aaa.jpg

Breakfast for dinner. Poached (perfect 3 minute) eggs, bacon and toasted English.

eggs_090719_1_IMG_6181.jpg

eggs_090719_2_IMG_6186.jpg

Earlier in the week I put a couple chickens on the rotisserie. Last night I used the rest to make chicken pot pies.

Barbecued beef and peppers from the freezer with grilled corn on the cob and tomatillo-avocado salsa with tomatillos from our garden.
0907192015.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom