Dinner september 30th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
Kitchenelf's wine braised chicken with tomatoes and olives over linguine. Yum.

YEA! It still won't be the same with those dang boneless, skinless breasts! :angel: Did you pound them out?

We're having spiral cut ham with a glaze and baked sweet potatoes with all those things on the sweet potatoes one is NOT supposed to have!

I don't feel like going to the grocery store so there is no veggie - how sad.

suzyQ3 said:
Forty years ago tonight I had a blind date with the man who two years later became my husband and is still my husband. :)

We're having a grilled bone-in NY steak with grilled asparagus and, funny though it sounds, a baked yam. The wine du jour is a 1992 Beringer private reserve Cab. For dessert, we're trying something called Virginia apple pudding, served warm with vanilla ice cream.

Forty years...:ohmy:
Happy Anniversary SuzyQ...40 years and may you have many more.
kadesma, going on 45 years in Jan:D

kadesma said:
Happy Anniversary SuzyQ...40 years and may you have many more.
kadesma, going on 45 years in Jan:D

Thanks so much. I wonder whether celebrating the first date is even more monumental than the later wedding anniversary. In any case, the Virginia apple pudding was amazingly good. :)

Snoop Puss said:
Buckytom, I have to ask: what is a boiguh? It sounds decidedly unappetising.

Sorry for answering for bucky...he's probably still celebrating his birthday.

Boiguh is joisey talk for burger.

We went to a festival yesterday and I was excited to see a decked out concession sign that boosted Louisianna Cooking. I just had to try their Sampler platter. To say the least I was very disappointed. The meats (chicken, steak and sausage) weren't very flavorful. The rice underneath was ok I guess. I guess if I'm ever going to have true Louisianna cooking I'm either going to have to haul my butt down there or else attempt it at home. Oh well at least I know to avoid that concession next year and try one of the others.

One of my favorites, breaded pork chops with cheese and green chile on top. Then we will have sautéed squash and rice with it.

sorry snoop, yes, a boiguh is a burrrr-gerrrr

if it's made from beef tenderloin, it's like buttah! :chef:

thanks for helping out vb.

and a belated happy anniversary to suzy and mr. q.

wow, 40 years!

buckytom said:
sorry snoop, yes, a boiguh is a burrrr-gerrrr

if it's made from beef tenderloin, it's like buttah! :chef:

thanks for helping out vb.

and a belated happy anniversary to suzy and mr. q.

wow, 40 years!

Hey, Buckytom. Thanks for the congrats and the same to you on your recent birthday. I will pass on your kind words to mr. q, although he prefers to be addressed as Mr. Big. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom