Dinner, Sunday, August 31st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we had some wonderful Quarkknoedel filled with plums, with poppy seeds-butter-sauce at coffee time :wub: , so just some pasta here in the evening..

The Pirate has been with me all weekend. He has been doing all the cooking for me. I can understand Rock where your mother is coming from. I am finding it harder and harder to stand for any length of time. So having him cook for me for the past three days has been a blessing. I am sure your mother more and more is very grateful to have such a caring child. I know I am. The Pirate knows I will just go without eating rather than bring on more pain in my hip. So whether I am hungry or not, he cooks and out of guilt for all his effort, I then eat.

Folks we know do not realize what a good cook he is. :angel:

I saw an episode of Pioneer Woman recently where she made several days' worth of freezer meals for her husband's grandmother. Nice idea.

Cara, what is Quarkknoedel?
Quark is a dairy product that is sort of like cream cheese, but not quite. It is very popular in Europe. CarolPa started a thread a couple of weeks ago asking how to make it.

There are many, many recipes for this. They can be sweet little doughnut like strips (these are usually made around Fasching--pre-Lent). They can be like a casserole (Deichrunner's Küche: Süße Quarknudeln)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=quar...chbar.de%2Frezepte%2Fquarknudeln.html;397;266

I'm guessing Cara was referencing a sweet type since they were eaten midday. None of my German cookbooks have a recipe, lots of other Quark recipes. Cara, can you share (with a picture), please?

ahhh.. picture from my own isn't that easy, since they are eaten.. :cool:

but I'll try to translate the recipe and post it ;o)

I know about quark - our first German exchange student wanted to make a cake with it for us but I couldn't figure out how to make it - this was in 1994 and the Internet wasn't as well-developed as it is now ;) We tried mixing white vinegar with sour cream or something like that. Didn't work. When we visited him and his family in Germany a couple years later, they had an afternoon snack, like English tea, but with coffee and either a sweet or savory dish. I remember an onion pie that I was surprised I liked :)

Roch, you are a wonderful son. I know your mother really appreciates it. I sure would.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom