Dinner Sunday Mar 29?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We are pretty much out of prepared foodstuffs here. Will boil some pasta, heat some jarred pasta sauce, add some frozen meatballs and liberally sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese. Procured some reese' cup ice cream today. Undoubtedly that will be relished by some tonight.

What's happening with your dinner plans?

We enjoyed a very generous, late brunch. Split a 4-egg omelet stuffed with sauteed swiss chard and two kinds of mushrooms, then added caramelized onions to Himself's half, fresh spinach and tomato to mine. Lots of mozz cheese on top, popped under the broiler until it was nice and melty. Each plate also had a couple turkey breakfast sausages, home fries, and fresh fruit consisting of orange and green grapes. Slice of whole wheat toast each, and I doubt if we'll eat again today. Maybe a nibble of fresh veggies with some fresh spinach dip or hoomus from the Middle Eastern market we were at a few days ago.

I am my own cheap date. Yesterday I made just a half pound burger taco meat. Tacos for dinner. Today it's Taco salad on chopped romaine, with some diced baby tomatoes, cucumber, onion, shredded monterey jack cheese. Salsa. Could'a used a little help from the Avocado Growers Association, but I'm not complaining. Nuked leftover refried beans for the side.

That late brunch sounds wonderful CG.

We're having Tamale's before the Souschef heads to the airport for a red eye flight to New York for his Mom's funeral on Tues. On second thought, maybe Tamale's isn't such a good thing to be eating before a flight. I'll ask him.

Steve Kroll's liver and onions picture the other night left me craving liver and onions. So that's what I had tonight. Only I added apple, fennel, and leeks to the onions. Methi instead of spinach. Oh, I miss Steve's pictures and input!

We are pretty much out of prepared foodstuffs here. Will boil some pasta, heat some jarred pasta sauce, add some frozen meatballs and liberally sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese. Procured some reese' cup ice cream today. Undoubtedly that will be relished by some tonight.

What's happening with your dinner plans?

LOL, I made meatballs. Defrosted some homemade sauce and boiled up some bucatini. Karen had a cream puff and I had tiramisu for desert.

Made stuffed red bell peppers with ground chicken, diced yellow sweet pepper, short grain rice, 1/2 cup jarred pasta sauce and lots of shredded cheese. Seasonings were sea salt, fresh ground pepper & Penzey's Forward.

No left-overs, sadly. It was just way too good. :chef:

I'm in too much pain to cook tonight, so will send Randy out for a Greek Salad I think.

Back
Top Bottom