Dinner Sunday Oct. 8, 2017 ~ National Pierogi Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I considered making pierogi from scratch...for a minute. First, I need to find Farmers Cheese.

We'll be having chicken piccata over 'ghetti, sautéed red grapes with almonds, and salad.

What are you serving up today?

Gyros with homemade shwarma (lamb), tzatziki on flat bread instead of pita. I'm about ready to put the shwarma on the spit and cook it over charcoal on the Weber.

I'll take a half order of Piccata, Ragu as well as just a small Gyro please, thank you very much :LOL:

I'm NOT cooking tonight, YAY!!! :clap:

DH is taking us out for Sunday Supper at one of favorite Italian joints.
Mr&Mrs Owner are originally from Italian (I can't remember where off hand),
but they serve handmade pastas, which we adore!
And with all of this talk of Piccata, I don't know if I'll order Chicken or Veal... Probably Veal, `cuz I can't find it in the markets up here in cowboy-ville.

I was told by all of the grocers up here that folks just don't buy it, although I did find place that carries frozen chubs of ground Veal ... meatballs, yay!

Oops, sorry went off track there for a minute... we're going out to eat tonight!
:ROFLMAO:

Tonight is "graze through the fridge" night..

Huge breakfast with grandson, his wife and my two great grandsons...
Not only stuffed but, those rascal boys wore us out.. :)

Ross

Our gyro, shwarma, whatever it is, with tzatziki and watermelon.

Attachments

• 2017-10-08 18.10.56.jpg
    2017-10-08 18.10.56.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 165
Lookin' goodCraig and MedT/

I sprinkled a little thyme and rosemary on fried pork chops. Cauliflower with cheese sauce and some cuke and beet pickles on the side.

I'll take a half order of Piccata, Ragu as well as just a small Gyro please, thank you very much :LOL:

I'm NOT cooking tonight, YAY!!! :clap:

DH is taking us out for Sunday Supper at one of favorite Italian joints.
Mr&Mrs Owner are originally from Italian (I can't remember where off hand),
but they serve handmade pastas, which we adore!
And with all of this talk of Piccata, I don't know if I'll order Chicken or Veal... Probably Veal, `cuz I can't find it in the markets up here in cowboy-ville.

I was told by all of the grocers up here that folks just don't buy it, although I did find place that carries frozen chubs of ground Veal ... meatballs, yay!

Oops, sorry went off track there for a minute... we're going out to eat tonight!
:ROFLMAO:

Rosas veal piccata.jpg

Veal Piccata for me ... oh my gosh so tender and delicious! I was in heaven!

Rosas chicken parm.jpg

Chicken Parm for DH, why I don't know, I just made this for him for his birthday. I suggested that he order something that he won't get at home (that's what I do), nope! Stick with what you know ... ok then :stuart:

We shared a small Caesar salad and a basket of house Garlic Bread (the Garlic Knots are far better, note to self) and a glass (or two ;)) of house wine for the girl (I'm not driving :)) ... MMM!
We were too stuffed (we brought home about 1/3 of each of ours entrees) but wanted dessert, Limoncello Cake, take-out please :yum:
This is one happy gal, that me tell you!

I tossed some pecan smoked sausage on the grill, finished with some doctored SBR's BBQ sauce. Served on a roll. I had some doctored grocery store deli potato salad on the side.

So basically, I did more heating than cooking tonight.

CD

CD, some days that's better than fussing in the kitchen for hours. Ya gotta pick your battles, right?

s&p, I love your idea of dinner! :yum:

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Tonight in our house, it was the eggs. We had HB eggs on our salads, then moved on to the chicken piccata - FINALLY! - with a side of sauteed grapes with almonds. Himself is finally getting used to the whole wheat pasta. His doctor will thank me. ;)

Attachments

• 20171008_212848.jpg
    20171008_212848.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 20171008_224536.jpg
    20171008_224536.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 138
Guess not, CD.

We had roast bee w/gravy, carrots, potatoes, onions & sweet peas. Rice on the side (or mixed in the gravy if you prefer). Marble loaf cake for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom