Dinner Sunday - Oct. 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Just put my Boston butt in the oven, (per Gretchen's recipe), also bbqing some wings for bufflo wings, mashed potatoes, Carolina slaw, and peas. - cake -n-ice cream for dessert. Celebrating Grandson's 2nd Birthday !! :sorcerer:

we`re Slumming it tonight, it`s Junk food day.

Sliced belly pork and frozen french fries :)

the only Remotely healthy bit is the homemade Tobasco sauce (we need at least SOME green stuff).

Had a change of plans since family decided to visit. We're having Shrimp Alfredo, big salad and the bread is in the oven.

I'll have to do Scallops Tommy another time!

Last edited:
Since I have some who love veal and some who do not, we are having both pork and veal minanesa with a mushroom marsala sauce..some butternut squash with butter and honey and a touch of brown sugar,some broccolini with evoo,garlic and lemon, polenta done in the oven with butter,chicken broth,garlic,sauteed pancetta,and blue cheese crumbles, a green salad and some homemade rolls..I made a 3 layer devils food cake last night so that and some vanilla ice cream are dessert.
happy sunday,
kadesma

Its Canadian Thanksgiving tomorrow, but my family always has the Big Supper on the Sunday... so today is turkey day! :) I'm making the dinner for everyone (even though I, myself, dont eat turkey.. hehe) I'm making a vegetarian mock turkey loaf thing for myself though... it smells good and I'm hoping it'll taste good too.

beef stew. I'm using some canned beef broth for some of the water called for. Also bought a chuck roast to chunk up instead of buying "stew meat" - cost a dollar less per pound, and I can certainly do the cutting instead of the butcher.

mudbug

I always use chuck roast for my beef stew or beef barley soup. I found that it seems stew beef is whatever the butchers don't know what to do . I have had some tender and some like cardboard. Chuck Roast gives so much better taste to all.

It's a cross between Boeuf Bourguignon, the recipe from the Weir Cooking Class, a recipe kadesma sent me - so...........does that make it my recipe?????? :chef:

For a starch I'll see if I have enough red-skinned potatoes that are still worthy of being cooked. If I don't then I may really confuse the French and have some risotto with it.

letscook said:
mudbug

I always use chuck roast for my beef stew or beef barley soup. I found that it seems stew beef is whatever the butchers don't know what to do . I have had some tender and some like cardboard. Chuck Roast gives so much better taste to all.

I'm with you on this one! I used to get "stew beef" for my elderly dog when he couldn't (or wouldn't) eat his canned prescription food, but back then it was less expensive. I've no idea why it costs more than a good chuck roast these days since "stew beef" is such an iffy proposition.

Fraidy

letscook said:
mudbug

I agree - I use chuck all the time for rst's, stews, beef n-noodles, beef veg soup. -whatever -usually the english cut- awesome flavor!

Katie E said:
Country-fried steak with buttermilk gravy, mashed potatoes and buttered peas. Haven't decided about dessert yet.

Oh gawd! Forget the dessert... where do you live? I adore CFS and of course the gravy must be made with buttermilk!

Au Gratin Potatoes (the old Betty Crocker recipe) to which I'll add some diced ham. I don't need anything else; not a salad fan and I'm cooking for one. I'll have leftovers for lunch tomorrow and again in a couple of days. :rolleyes:

We could tell you but, then, we'd have to shoot you. No, seriously. I'm Buck and my wife is Katie E. We live in western Kentucky. You know her as justindig at the other site. Come on up, darlin'. There'll be plenty for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom