Dinner this Thurs, 1st of December?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good, but what is mushrooms en papillote? I'm making homemade pizza.

I'm going to buckytoms for dinner! I have been craving some tuna sashimi all day!

OK, in realityville dinner will be Monte Cristo sandwiches, green salad and maybe some soup if I get my butt in gear. I was thinking about whipping up a clam chowdah.

We had meat loaf, basmati rice, zucchini and tomatoes, and apple torte (aka Ozark pudding) for dessert.

I'm tired from work so I'll throw some chicken in the oven and roast some potatoes. Lazy dinner tonight! Any suggestions for quick meals?

Last edited:
.......you got me thinkin now. Hum, dinner...........I have two pork tenderloins in the freezer. They are the kind that are already seasoned. I don't usually like that kind but couldn't resist the price. I think I'll toss them in the oven, foil wrapped, do some buttered noodles, salad with mayo/salsa dressing, and a corn bread buttery concoction. DH is eating all the cookies I made as a special gift for a special person. Thought I'd hidden them so well. Guess not. I made a pear pie last night, a 2 person pear pie. I love pear pie but don't do often. I had a small slice with whipped cream, hubby didn't want (probably full from cookies), so tonight, I'll hide them better and do the pie again.

I made some spaghetti and garlic cheese toasts with some left over roasted garlic for lunch... but I've been craving pizza, so I was promised pizza for tonight.

corazon90 said:
en papillote means "in paper," usually baked in parchment paper but Jacques Pepin's recipe just uses foil. It's easy and delicious. Here is a link for the recipe if you're interested:
http://www.buissink.com/en/?selectie=recepten&id=66559&titel=mushrooms%20en%20papillote
I made these for Thanksgiving and DH said it is a keeper.

It's also a healthy and tasty way to make fish. A simple and basic recipe would include extra virgin olive oil, white wine, fresh tomatoes, capers, spinach, fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and lemon. The trickiest part is wrapping it up.

lefselover, pear pie for 2 sounds deelish. do you have a recipe?

alix, you're welcome here for sushi anytime! but if you showed up last night, it would have been take out italian.

for starters we had a calamari salad (calamari rings that were quickly blanched, maybe 30 seconds or so, then placed on a bed of field greens. it is topped with fresh diced roma tomatoes, celery, red onion, in an evoo/herb viniagrette).

then we had veal sorrentino (breaded scallopini of veal, topped with prosciutto, eggplant, and fresh mozzarella; sauteed in a light tomato sauce, then baked to melt the cheese), chicken parm, farfalle, and ziti.

for dessert was a tortoni, and haagen dazs light s'mores ice cream.

then raisinettes, and chocolate chip cookies and ice cold milk.

i guess i had the munchies... :)

We had noodles beans and popcorn (our biggest meal is in the middle of the day)!

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom