Dinner - Thurs 2nd August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regallion

Cook
Making up dinner as I type here....

Roast chicken breast with herbs.

I'll be putting Feta cheese under the skin of my portion (wife don't like cheese!).

I can see this taking on a Greek theme so I think I'll serve with some aubergines (eggplant) and courgettes (zucchinis). I tend to dust these in flour and shallow fry in EVOO.

Guess rice to finish it off.

Perhaps a bottle of Retsina to go with it :chef:

we`ve having chili with homegrown chili beans, and toasted Cheese on tortila wraps.

I have the ingredients, but not the technique/method. Dinner will consist of bacon, cabbage, onions, garlic, celery, potatoes, carrots, s&p. Am about to head to the garden for "bug control" and will mull over how to put this together.

YT2095 said:
we`ve having chili with homegrown chili beans, and toasted Cheese on tortila wraps.
why am I having trouble picturing this? "home grown chili beans", it must be really early here in the morning cause I can't figure this out:huh:
~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
I am impressed, that's great!:ROFLMAO:
Dinner ended up being 4 of my moms huge ruby red grapefruits, sqeezed dry into a cup and then the pulp scraped. Adore the stuff:blush: . too pooped to cook or do much of anything, major drive, hubby still not home, gonna grab a Micky D's fillet of fish.
"Happy Thursday y'all"​

Last edited:
you know the red kidney beans that go in chilis, well I grow my own and dry them, as well as my own chili peppers, and I jar and fridge my own tomato sauce. these are all in tonights pot of chili :)

the onions and garlic etc... are bought as I have non left from what I grew.

Sharp cheddar, grapes, and whole grain crakers as an appetizer, then mongolian beef over rice, and finally, a lava cake for dessert.

Goin' out for supper to celebrate our wedding anniversary...only a week late!.....

Gonna have a decaf Spanish Coffee for dessert! :pig: ;)

The cool thing is, it's walkable!

I have no idea but looking in here for an inspiration! It is very hot here today so hopefully something of the no-cook variety.

Its hot here too, usually not this hot in Mi. Going to have pizza and beer. Its been awhile since we have had it -(still at the lake- in our 5th wheel) - Not cookin' - !! ;)

Have a chuck roast going in the slow cooker, will have mashed potatoes and lots of gravy from the meat with added sliced mushrooms. Made some biscuits and will just warm them a little, a nice green salad with avocado,sweet onion rings,tomatoes I just picked,cucumber, and some chopped parsley and mint and steamed broccoli with anchovy garlic butter on top. A big bowl of sliced peaches and nectarines from our trees icy cold with some ginger snap cookies.
:) kadesma

"anchovy garlic butter"...

You must PM this too me! I love anchovies (my wife hates them) I can make garlic butter and do every Christmas, but Anchovy :))

that sounds Great!

I'm having Sinutab and a few NeoCitron. ( Can you tell I have a horrible cold?) He'll probably have cheese, crackers, and pickles. he can handle cooking that.:rolleyes:

red cooked bbq pork (grilled) w/ egg fried rice

havent gotten around to it yet though.

Making wings right now.
Hot for me and honey garlic for DH.

Classic celery and blue cheese dressing to round it all off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom