Dinner, Thurs Feb 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
What is everyone making for dinner tonight? I have no idea as of yet but am hoping to get some ideas from all of you.

Kung Hei Fat Choy :)

so it`s Chinese take-away tonight, no idea what yet, but I`ll get my free Calendar ;)

I thawed out half a bone-in turkey breast yesterday to cook for today.

But, the poster above makes me think I may be doing Chinese take out tonight and leave the turkey for tomorrow :rolleyes:

It's just me tonight. The thread about the potato soup sounded so good I'm going to try to make a pot of it. I'll be gone tomorrow and Sat. for a workshop so that would be good to have in the frige for DH to "nuke" while I'm gone.

let's see. I have one large baked sweet potato left and I baked off a smoked ham yesterday, so that will be the foundation for tonights supper. Am thinking of making a cole slaw, noticed a thread about cole slaw recently that I have not gotten to yet, will give that thread a peruse, and I am due to make some more whole wheat dinner rolls today.

We're going to see a play tonight BAREFOOT IN THE PARK.

We'll stop and grab a burger or something on the way.

Have a turkey breast roasting, will have mashed potatoes,gravy,dressing/stuffing, some cranberry sauce a green salad, rolls, some either artichokes of asparagus not sure yet and tart shells filled with lemon curd.

kadesma

CJ, your dessert sounds delicious - and one of my favorites. I really need to make some lemon curd.
We had lunch out today and I suppose that will be our biggest meal, but I have a whole grilled chicken breast left from last night so I may do something with that. I also made banana bread today. I'm not sure the bananas were as ripe as I like them, but we've had such hot weather they turn in a hurry so I made them when I had the time. It was good anyway.

CJ, your dessert sounds delicious - and one of my favorites. I really need to make some lemon curd.
We had lunch out today and I suppose that will be our biggest meal, but I have a whole grilled chicken breast left from last night so I may do something with that. I also made banana bread today. I'm not sure the bananas were as ripe as I like them, but we've had such hot weather they turn in a hurry so I made them when I had the time. It was good anyway.
Thanks licia,
I didn't do much that's for sure..I have never made lemon curd, but I would love to give it a try. This was just a jar of it I picked up at Trader Joe's and the tart shells were there in the frozen section..So one easy dessert for us tonight, well, I guess I did some thing from scratch, made the whipped cream,:LOL:
kadesma

DH is coming home tomorrow after being gone a week!!!! YAY!!!!!
Tonight I clean out the fridge on the kids so I have room to cook up a storm tomorrow!!!!

I don't feel so hot so I left work early and I'm making chicken noodle soup for dinner.

Toots, I hope you feel better soon. My mom was a believer in adding ginger to chicken soup for when we were sick. It's suppose to help sweat out the bad stuff. :)

I'm not cooking tonight. DH taking me out for sushi. :pig:

Broccoli "Alfredo" with Ricotta-Spinach Tortelloni
Sweat potatoes with a peanut butter sauce

Swedish meatballs over egg noodles tonight.

That sounds soooooo good. Too bad no one else here would eat it.:(

I have 3 and a half chicken breasts and no clue what to do with them. Since dinner time is creeping up, I may just sear and roast them with some potatoes and carrots. I made some buttermilk bisquits and an apple crisp earlier so that should round out the meal.

It's been one of those weeks that while nothing hugely bad or stressful has happened, enough little things have gone wrong that it's left us asking "is it Friday yet?" since Tuesday!:rolleyes: That being said, we settled on getting a pizza tonight and treating ourselves just a bit before the weekend! No salad, no fruit, just a good, big cheese pizza!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom