Dinner Thursday, 12-14-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having must-goes, leftovers, an empty-the-fridge buffet. We (hope to) leave on Saturday and want it all gone.

What will be on your plate tonight?

My dinner tonight is the same as yours, CG. I need to clean out the fridge, too. Due to my recent spike in travel, some stuff is already too old to eat, but I want to waste as little as possible.

So, probably leftover gumbo. Maybe some hard salami and cheese for an antipasto course.

CD

I will be glad when this move is finished. Too much running around..

I'm guessing that tonight will be the breakfast for dinner I'd planned for yesterday. Its amazing how when I'm too tired or not too hungry, I tend to gravitate directly to dessert, in the evening.. :wacko: :yum:

Ross

Roast duck tonight, with green beans, and the last of the chop salad.

The duck was on sale for $1.99/lb, so I ended up buying a couple of them.

p3ZH70Y.jpg

Last edited:
We went out for lunch today. Tonight is a half of a pastrami reuben and a bowl of squash soup I made yesterday. When I get hungry, if I get hungry.

I defrosted some bratwurst patties I made last summer (I was too lazy to stuff them in casings [emoji38]), so I'm going to brown them and break them up, then sauté garlic and onions and add sauerkraut and caraway seeds. German potato salad on the side.

Made split-pea soup in the Crock-Pot for a starter, stuffed a pork roast with apple-mushroom-onion etc. That with cauliflower rice and mixed veggies, krumkakar for dessert.

Since my Mother has arrived, we've made several of her favorite dishes and have many little bits of leftovers.

So, like CG and Casey, we're having what we call "Mixed Plate".

A little grilled New York Strip Steak, BBQ Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Cucumber Kim Chee, Roasted Broccolini, a fresh pot of Steamed White Rice and a small side salad to round it all out.
Dessert after (or during) The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon will be assorted cookies, store bought for the moment until I have a few minutes to bake off the two different sorts I have in the deep freeze.

Steve....OMGosh, that looks good. And what a great deal on the duck. I sure don't see those prices 'round here.

Ross...any move is a PITA, but looking at halfway across the country has got to be really trying. Wishing you the best.

kgirl...sounds like you're enjoying your mama's visit. Have a great time with her!

Everyone's dinners look and sound delish. :yum: This evening's dinner was roasted shrimp with garlic lemon butter for dippin', steamed edamame, a few grape tomatoes, and cucumber slices. Pretty much finger food while I try to finish a movie I started several days ago. :)

Last edited:
Steve....OMGosh, that looks good. And what a great deal on the duck. I sure don't see those prices 'round here.
Thanks Cheryl. I don't normally see prices like that, either. I have a hunch that the store has been trying to clear out old inventory to make room for Christmas holiday items. They also had quite a few frozen turkeys for sale cheap - I might've bought one if I actually liked turkey. :)

We went to a newish Italian restaurant that locals have been raving about. The calamari was very good, as were the desserts. We split an order of lobster ravioli that was just “meh”. We won't get that again.

Duchess quiche, bacon, ham, onions sautéed in b. Grease, swiss, with a parm sprinkle on top. Craig made s play sort of on the salt crusted potatoes, though I asked him to rinse most of the salt off, I just can't stand all that salt, he slightly mashed, then a quick fry in rest of bacon grease and some oil or butter.

Attachments

• 2017-12-14 19.06.32.jpg
    2017-12-14 19.06.32.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 2017-12-14 18.36.29.jpg
    2017-12-14 18.36.29.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 122
I am still on soups and salads. I had a bowl of wonton soup with the latest batch of my BFF's homemade wontons. I added green onions and broccoli.

TB had Italian sausages with potatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom