Dinner Thursday, 3-26-2015 ~ Hey good lookin', whatcha got cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Nothing fresh, just reheats here. Everything must go! We'll pick through chicken/corn/beans fajita, pork stew, a couple of teriyaki wings, a couple bites of yesterday's Irish potato pizza, and sushi. Still have a boatload of fruit salad, but that can keep. And keep. And keep...

What's your plan?

A loaded up tostada here for dinner this afternoon, using up leftovers as well!

A fried corn tortilla layered with the last of the refried black beans from the other night, chopped romaine, a quick homemade pico de gallo with my last few tomatoes and jalapenos, and the rest of the shredded mozzarella that I froze from the stuffed shells from last week.

One of my favorite planned leftovers. :yum:

Last edited:
Hey good looking? You must be calling me.

I opened a can of stewed American tomatoes. Cooked up some rigatoni and cooked three breakfast sausages. Tossed all together. The easiest food in the house to make to eat. This trying to make myself eat is for the birds. Right now I am trying to hold my weight where it is. After next week, who cares. Back to my old eating habits. :angel:

Last edited:
We're having pasta salad and leftover shepherd's pie for dinner, then a bowl of cut pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon and grapes. Yum!

Woo Hoo.....my inspiration to make dinner is back home! The SousChef has requested grilled rib eye steaks, my Spanish rice, and steamed broccoli. I should make dessert.
Maybe I'll go looking for a dessert with the fresh pineapple I have on hand. Any suggestions?

I'll be doing this...I love Chef John....

Chef John's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I can imagine that you're glad to have SousChef home! :)
Chef John's pineapple upside down cake sounds wonderful - I hope you'll share your review of it here, I'd love to try it!

I just bought a fresh pineapple, too - I love it cubed and piled on top of vanilla frozen yogurt of French vanilla ice cream....talk about an easy dessert! It's amazing. Just an idea to file away for future reference. :yum:

in honor of this week's college basketball tourney games, I am having an Elite Repeat for dinner-- rigatoni. Salad may be slightly different than yesterday, and today there is garlic toast.

One of our favorite Cozumel restaurants has 2 for 1 lion fish today!!! Our issue is we spent the day visiting with friends and hitting up the beach clubs, and are really crunchy right now. What to do, what to do....

Beer can chicken.......

img_1415145_0_d658bf4a546ec2b39d00925083bf953d.jpg

I can imagine that you're glad to have SousChef home! :)
Chef John's pineapple upside down cake sounds wonderful - I hope you'll share your review of it here, I'd love to try it!

I just bought a fresh pineapple, too - I love it cubed and piled on top of vanilla frozen yogurt of French vanilla ice cream....talk about an easy dessert! It's amazing. Just an idea to file away for future reference. :yum:

I'm so durn glad to have him home, that I'm even baking Cheryl!! That browned butter in the batter sounds heavenly, and it's in the oven now. Believe me, French vanilla ice cream will be on top! I hate to bake because I'm so bad at it. Steve knew better than to try and help because I need to concentrate on following the recipe exactly, opposed to "cooking". lol

OH boy, that's a beauty Joey!! I'm doing one before the week is out too. I like to season mine with lots of just this.. (chili, lime, salt)

img_1415154_0_d84eb2ce3785374575681f92bfb3936d.jpg

Last edited:
Hot and sour soup I dug out of the freezer and TJ's Thai Shrimp Gyoza with TJ's Gyoza dipping sauce.

One of our favorite Cozumel restaurants has 2 for 1 lion fish today!!! Our issue is we spent the day visiting with friends and hitting up the beach clubs, and are really crunchy right now. What to do, what to do....

So you are sunburned 'crunchy'? Or margarita crunched? :ermm::LOL::ohmy: I didn't quite get that. lol Anyway, have fun on your vacay!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom