Dinner Thursday, 3-30-2023 ~ PLAY BALL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Today is a Holiday High Holy Day for @Andy M., and me - the first day of baseball season. :w00t2:The crack of the bat, the cheer of the crowd. The chance of snow in the air? What? So much for the Boys of Summer.

We'll be having our traditional ballpark food supper of hot dogs and beer. Since we're eating in the house, though, we will also have baked beans. Potato chips (if I don't get around to making potato salad). Maybe something else. Full details and a photo once we get around to eating.

What are your dinner plans for this great day? And if you aren't a fan of baseball? That's OK, you can eat, too. ;)

Not really a sports fan and neither is DH. I plan on making this:

I won't use all red onions because I find that makes it too sweet for my taste. This recipe makes a really good, hearty soup.

"Buy me some peanuts and Crackerjacks..." :whistling
buy-me-some-peanuts-and-cracker-jacks-ken-smith.jpg

Tonight will be a cheeseburger on a toasted English muffin with a side of mixed vegetables and a simple cucumber onion salad.

Didn't you mention that soup once before taxy? Looks pretty good and I agree with you about too sweet with all red onions. That's happened to me with regular French Onion Soup. I now half'n half with yellow onions (not even vidalia or spanish).
I like the sound of that sage in there.
So now you've posted that, not sure what I'll have. Was going to be my 'poor man's Salisbury steak' but I do have some onions.............

Decisions, decisions.

As CG well knows, my DH is a big baseball fan, too. I will hear more about it than I need to know but hey - I'm here to support him 😁

Dinner for me will be the hospital's version of chicken Parmesan, unless I get sprung today. Yeah, I'm back in the hospital. Not sure if I'll get to go home today.

Didn't you mention that soup once before taxy? Looks pretty good and I agree with you about too sweet with all red onions. That's happened to me with regular French Onion Soup. I now half'n half with yellow onions (not even vidalia or spanish).
I like the sound of that sage in there.
So now you've posted that, not sure what I'll have. Was going to be my 'poor man's Salisbury steak' but I do have some onions.............

Decisions, decisions.
Yup, I have made that soup a couple of times. It's sitting on the stove and I'm about to go finish simmering it. The eggs poached on top are a really nice touch.

As CG well knows, my DH is a big baseball fan, too. I will hear more about it than I need to know but hey - I'm here to support him 😁

Dinner for me will be the hospital's version of chicken Parmesan, unless I get sprung today. Yeah, I'm back in the hospital. Not sure if I'll get to go home today.
God bedring (Danish for good bettering).

DH signed up for MLB streaming so he's watching his beloved Phillies as I type.
I had planned a classic Pot Roast dinner for last night, but I didn't back home soon enough, so that's what we're having.

IMG_2133.JPG
(file photo, but this is exactly what we're having)
I totally forgot to plan Hot Dogs for Opening Day, I have that on the menu for later in the week.

And I'm sprung! Yay! 😁

We're picking up sandwiches from a place I used to frequent when I was working. I'm getting a turkey-apple club with white cheddar, lettuce and tomato and a side of pasta salad. DH is getting a Greek lamb hoagie made with diced pork shoulder and a side of coleslaw.

And I'm sprung! Yay! 😁

We're picking up sandwiches from a place I used to frequent when I was working. I'm getting a turkey-apple club with white cheddar, lettuce and tomato and a side of pasta salad. DH is getting a Greek lamb hoagie made with diced pork shoulder and a side of coleslaw.
Glad you are free! Hope you feel better.
My wife check in tomorrow morning.

Tonight, shrimp and snow pea stir fry, with lots of ginger, garlic, soy, etc.
20230330_185439.jpg

Not really a sports fan and neither is DH. I plan on making this:

I won't use all red onions because I find that makes it too sweet for my taste. This recipe makes a really good, hearty soup.
I did make the Tuscan onion soup. I really like the way the egg comes out, poached on top of the soup, right before serving. In my pix, the egs weren't the prettiest, but they go so well with the soup and Parm.

Attachments

• Carabaccia - Tuscan Onion Soup with a couple of  Eggs Poached in the Soup and whole wheat bagu...jpg
    Carabaccia - Tuscan Onion Soup with a couple of Eggs Poached in the Soup and whole wheat bagu...jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Carabaccia - Tuscan Onion Soup with an Egg Poached in the Soup.jpg
    Carabaccia - Tuscan Onion Soup with an Egg Poached in the Soup.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 2
@GotGarlic, glad to see that you're out! Hope you're feeling better.

'Twas not a good day for your Tigers fan,  GG, nor for @Andy M.'s Red Sox and @Kaneohegirlinaz's DH's Phillies. There is a whole lot of pressure on the Guardians to get one.
No potato salad, but we did have baked beans. Mine were too shy to be photographed.
20230330_210429.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom