Dinner Thursday 6/17/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to the dentist for a crown this morning, so dinner is going to be soft. So I'm making meatloaf with mushroom gravy, mashed taters and overcooked broccoli!

not a clue, got a call from dr. office with results of blood tests. potassium is to high. they want me to avoid food with it. go in mon for another blood test. the anemia is still there as well. all the good food i have been eating suddenly most is out of bounds. who knew beets(in my fridg.) as well as eggplant in my fridge. the chili i made yesterday has so many potassium sources, that i will not be able to eat it. i am really tired of all this testing etc.

I'm working on a pot of Gumbo Ya Ya (Chicken and Andouille)...
Some rice and french bread should round everything out......
Think I'll finish up later with a bowl of Chocolate Ice Cream.....

I'm going to 8-way a chicken and fry it. Trying to decide on mashed sweet or garlic potatoes to do with. Some Le sueur peas and for dessert I found Haagen Daz carmel cone ice cream that I think needs to be on the shelf, well, in the freezer at all times.:ROFLMAO:

It's warm here today so dinner is going to be Prosciutto and melon panini, with Brie, on homemade Foccacia, roasted fennel with parmesan, and arugula and orange salad with a basil vinaigrette.Grilled Ciabatta brushed with evoo when done will rub with garlic and the cut side of tomato sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dessert is brownies.
kades better get going:LOL:

No real clue yet

Taylor ham (pork roll), mashed taters with pork gravy, chopped spinach, mixed veggies and tomatoes with EVOO, fresh basil, fresh garlic, herb and spice grinder.

img_903337_0_4cb7935294f48c6b8b3ed1f6e5f677ca.jpg

Me and my mom made Cornbread,Corn on the Cob,Fried Turnip and Mustard greens.. And fried sweet squash. Simple and easy.

A couple weeks ago, when they were on sale, my friend had bought porterhouse steaks as a reward dinner for stopping smoking. She had planned to have them on the 21st day of being a non-smoker. She took them out to defrost and was really looking forward to fixing them for her and her husband. Then she got sick, so she planned them for the next night. THEN she broke a tooth.

I had porterhouse steak and a baked potato with sour cream for supper tonight. :innocent:

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom