Dinner, Thursday 7.2.2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Crab stack with lump crab meat, some of my microgreens, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, honey mango, and avocado, with a lime juice, ginger, garlic dressing, with blue corn chips.

Attachments

• 2020-07-02 19.24.53.jpg
    2020-07-02 19.24.53.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 122
I made a salad of oak leaf lettuce, sorrel, baby rainbow chard, a few thinly sliced endive leaves, thinly sliced red onion, thinly sliced cabbage, a bit of purslane, and some fresh oregano. I put that on the table with some radishes, sea asparagus, capers, oil pack tuna, and my infamous ranchoid dressing. Served it with whole grain baguette and a plate of EVOO with balsamic vinegar for dipping the bread. I enjoyed that meal.

Was it only me, or did I sleep through Thursday?:innocent: :LOL:

Another cheap dish, with some more eggplants from the garden, some dried tomatoes from last season, and only a small amount of 99¢/lb beef from the freezer, made into chorizo, with some garlic, chiles, coriander, cumin, cloves, a pinch of canela, and some vinegar. Usually I make up a lot of pork chorizo, to freeze, but lately, I've been trying to empty out my freezer! When cooking chirizo, and most sausages, for that matter, I try too cook them up into chunks, instead of a fine, homogenized ground meat mix.

I used that method of drying out the eggplant cubes for 8 min. on high in the MW - not quite as long as ATK does it, but it does reduce the moisture greatly (went from 18 oz to just under 12 oz), and keeps it from getting mushy. And you can see how non-seedy it is.
9 oz Ichiban eggplant, showing how it grew fairly large, without getting at all seedy. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Sauce of chipotles and dried tomatoes, ready to combine with eggplant cubes, cooked 8 minutes in MW by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cooked beef chorizo. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Taco, with eggplant, chorizo, and a chipotle sauce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

With the Plague going on right now, medtran, every day is pretty much Blursday. ;)

The weather was finally good enough so Himself could grill the chuck eye steaks I bought... and then the grill tank ran out of gas. [emoji38] I finished them up on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet. Finished the zucchini in the microwave. We were surprised at how tender those steaks were. Salads for both of us, plus a potato for Himself.

IMG_20200702_212208769.jpg

I had some leftover rotisserie chicken so I put together what I've always called my "company chicken salad", although company is out of the question right now, we deserve it for each other. It's usually done from scratch with broiled bone in with skin breasts. It's really super delicious.

Tonight I used finger shredded chicken breast from the leftover chicken....yes, I think it makes a difference.

2 cups finger fine shredded chicken, with some crispy skin.
1 cup bias cut celery
4 bias cut green onions (some green)
1 cup frozen peas, rinsed in warm water to defrost
2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
1 package of sliced or slivered almonds
Dressing~~
1/2 cup Best Foods Mayo (Hellman's)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbs. Chicken bullion granules
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. Accent if not allergic, I think it's important.

I had some leftover rotisserie chicken so I put together what I've always called my "company chicken salad", although company is out of the question right now, we deserve it for each other. It's usually done from scratch with broiled bone in with skin breasts. It's really super delicious.

Tonight I used finger shredded chicken breast from the leftover chicken....yes, I think it makes a difference.

2 cups finger fine shredded chicken, with some crispy skin.
1 cup bias cut celery
4 bias cut green onions (some green)
1 cup frozen peas, rinsed in warm water to defrost
2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
1 package of sliced or slivered almonds
Dressing~~
1/2 cup Best Foods Mayo (Hellman's)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbs. Chicken bullion granules
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. Accent if not allergic, I think it's important.

:ohmy:

I'm saving this recipe. I love chicken salad with grapes and almonds and never ever thought to add peas, which is my favorite legume.

Gotta try this soon!

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary!! Dh grilled bacon wrapped filets from Omaha Steaks, I fixed baked potatoes with bacon, butter and sour cream, home made dinner rolls, steamed broccoli with a green chile cheese sauce and for dessert, apple dumplings from Omaha Steaks with chocolate ice cream.

Last night's dinner was a Mediterranean delight, falafel with tzatziki, saganaki (fried Halloumi cheese) flambéed with brandy, tahini sauce and Greek salad.
IMG_20200703_153613_302.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom