Dinner, Thursday August 30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
My computer is finally up and sort-of:rolleyes: working again, so I can finally get to my recipes (they're all saved on the computer in our kitchen which makes life easier until there's a problem with the computer!). I'll be making chicken with a fresh tomato salsa and rice with black beans, garlic, tomatoes, and any herbs from the garden that are ready to be picked.

What else is on the menu tonight?

Dinner, Thurs. Aug. 30

Going to grill a small london broil for sandwiches on grilled hoagie buns with swiss cheese and horsey sauce. Cole slaw and chips.

Last edited:
Breakfast was Ovaltine. Lunch is jambalaya and cornbread, and supper will most likely be another drive-thru salad, unless I carry all 3 bags of kitty litter (50 lbs each) upstairs tonight. Then I'll have to have some real food, like maybe a 1/4 pound hot dog, to replace the burned energy.

oooh, Mods, please combine these two for today...

hi Barb, guess who's home and making this tonight?
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f117/butter-jam-bread-pudding-37898.html#post476824
yep, its posted at the above DC link. can't wait to make it but have a dentist appointment in 1/2 hour. oh gee yeah!:evil:

a london broil [great minds think alike];) [but mine's big] has been sitting in Root beer and a melted stick of butter with PD's house seasoning all night. That'll go on the GF later tonight. I'll flip it continuously through the day for proper marrying.
Yams in butter/Lyle's golden syrup/salt and pepper/ginger/cinnamon glazed will be the starch and steamed carrots with butter/brown sugar glaze for the man of my dreams will be the vegetable. He's been asking for it, so he's getting it.​

Last edited:
fresh dug potatoes, with herbed butter, awesome meatloaf au jus, haricot verts avec vin blanc et lardons.

Will be making pork chops ( good ol' shake and bake lol) with some cayenne mixed in for a kick. Brown rice and corn on the cob on the side (or maybe french fries instead of rice). Not exactly healthy but I always eat healthy, so what the heck.

Tonight it's beef burgers (with all the trimmin's) on fresh Kaisers (local bakery not my kitchen), grilled corn (unsalted butter, S&P, that's it), cole slaw and ... a beer (or two...) ;)

G

We went bike riding in the botanical garden, then stopped at a local pizza joint that also has very good Italian dishes. DH had linguine carbonara and I had spaghetti with meatballs - somehow I've developed a craving for meatballs, so we went there so I could get some ;)

hi, I'm a newbie here.

The attached is what I'm going to cook tonight:chef:

Attachments

• baozi.jpg
    baozi.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Last night we had our favorite Buffalo Chicken Sausage Subs - Buffalo Chicken sausages on toasted split Italian bread with chopped Romaine lettuce, blue cheese dressing, & buffalo wing sauce.

fresh dug potatoes, with herbed butter, awesome meatloaf au jus, haricot verts avec vin blanc et lardons.

robo, how do you get au jus from meatloaf?

the green beans sound good. i have some bacon that needs to be used up, so i think i'll give that one a go.

last night, i grilled chicken thighs that were marinated in "world harbors" brand mango marinade, and fajita marinade. i managed to eat one before passing out.

Back
Top Bottom