Dinner Thursday, March 3, 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
On a whim, I picked up a ball of pizza dough at the grocery store yesterday. Years and decades ago, a favorite pizza joint would make a fold-over that we absolutely loved - chicken. Not a chicken mozz, or buffalo, or bbq. Instead, it was like a chicken sandwich, but folded into pizza dough. Pre-cooked breaded chicken breasts and mozzarella cheese were baked into the fold-over, which was lightly sealed so that it could be opened when taken from the oven. When fully baked, they peeled the fold-over open, smeared mayo on the "lid" side of the interior, loaded it up with fresh tomato and shredded lettuce, and closed it back up again. It. Was. So. Good. :yum: I have the fixings. I have my fingers crossed. I'll be uncrossing my fingers and start assembling shortly. Wish me luck.

If all else fails, there is enough soup for Himself and proper bread for a PB&J sandwich for me. :LOL:

What are your dinner plans tonight?

Experimented with making smash burgers.

EA45BE12-BD13-4220-8873-8DA0AA5A1DA9_1_105_c.jpg

My version of Chicken Chili

IMG_1341.jpg

I put the toppings to the side so that the Chili was the star :LOL:
Two scoops of steamed White Rice
shredded Jack Cheese (new to me btw)
a dollop of daisy
chopped Sweet White Onions
A Diamond Bakery
Soda Cracker to help out the spoon ;)
That was ONO!!!

Candy Bars from the Dollar store for dessert later ... Baby Ruth for DH and Tootsie Roll midgees for moi :yum:

I made a new-to-me dish for supper, pork chops Lyonnaise. It was a recommendation in my weekly meal plan from a Danish cooking site. It looked interesting, so I thought I would give it a try. Yeah, that was worth doing. I did check out some English language versions of the recipe, so I added some garlic, Dijon mustard, and thyme to the sauce. I will definitely make this again. The Danish recipe said to serve it with a green salad and home fries, but I knew I didn't have enough spoons to deal with two skillets at the same time, so I made oven fries.

Pork chop Lyonnaise, oven  fries, and a salad with homemade vinaigrette.gif

Pork chops Lyonnaise, oven  fries, and a salad with homemade vinaigrette 2.gif

Last edited:
Pasta salad: rotini ww pasta, black olives, tomatoes, marinated olives, onions, white bean dressing.

I managed to duplicate that chicken fold-over pretty close. The dough turned out a bit tough; could have been the dough I bought, could be I handled it too much. Still, a repeatable meal. Before and after pics:

IMG_20220303_181119107_HDR.jpgIMG_20220303_214206499.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom