Dinner tonight? 4/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I won't be eating dinner tonight as I get in too late and leave at early thirty, no time. Guadalajara may not have restaurants open by the time I get there.

What are you planning on making?

We have a baseball game tonight so it will probably be mexican chicken and rice soup left overs.

I thawed out a container of bean soup that I made the other week. I'm adding leftover ham. (that does it for the leftovers this week):)
John.

I am making baked penne pasta with mushrooms and two cheeses (its a mish recipe- very good) and I'm adding some leftover chopped Easter ham to my mushroom layer. And an italian salad. I am craving brownies but I'll try to hold off on those....

It's beautiful and warm today so, the gang has ordered up grilled steaks with a blue cheese sauce, tossed salad, garlic bread,twice baked potatoes, bacon,sour cream,cream cheese,sliced green onions for the filling, sauteed mushrooms, dessert, well, we have a few cream puffs left from yesterday so those will have to do..And the first mango ice tea of the season:)

kadesma

Made a chicken curry for hubby and daughter, I'll probably do something with shrimp later.

We're having tuna casserole, made with a large can of Albacore and 2 small cans of the cheaper stuff, whole-grain noodles, cream of mushroom soup, peas, mushrooms, Velveeta Cheese and a crushed potato chip topping.
My husband likes it, and I love it.

Constance said:
We're having tuna casserole, made with a large can of Albacore and 2 small cans of the cheaper stuff, whole-grain noodles, cream of mushroom soup, peas, mushrooms, Velveeta Cheese and a crushed potato chip topping.
Sounds yummy Connie,
Dh would love it and so would I.Thanks for an idea for this week.

kadesma:)

Constance said:

I made moc tuna casserole...boxed mac n cheese, a can of tuna, some lemon juice and black pepper.

Toots said:
I am making baked penne pasta with mushrooms and two cheeses (its a mish recipe- very good) and I'm adding some leftover chopped Easter ham to my mushroom layer. And an italian salad. I am craving brownies but I'll try to hold off on those....
Is this recipe posted? Sounds delicious!
I'm having wild rice with sauteed mushrooms mixed in and some parm on top. I'd like some meat but it's just too much work.

corazon90 said:
Is this recipe posted? Sounds delicious!
I'm having wild rice with sauteed mushrooms mixed in and some parm on top. I'd like some meat but it's just too much work.
Cora, know just how ou feel, even tho we had a beautiful sunny warm day, things were quiet by the time I got finished with dinner, s-i-l even did the grilling, i was pooped. I've had a sinus infection and a cough that just wracks my body night and day from being day and night in the hospital, no sleep and all that went on with mom and then her and dad's service yesterday, all the company..stupid me figured with a good nights sleep I could handle dinner.Well old goofey is now ready for bed. Tomorrow, we are going light and easy, a sammie and soup period, the easier the better. this old duck is going to go outside with Cade and Carson and sit on her duff and watch them play:ROFLMAO: Wish I'd been closer would have loved to share these steaks and blue cheese sauce with you and the family.

kadesma

Well...

My family and I will probably have steaks; brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper, hot off the grill. Along with a chef salad and a baked potato with sour cream and butter.:chef:

i went to the paterson farmer's market and went a little crazy, buying a ton of fruits and veggies and meat.
so, since it was beautiful out here too, and i've deftly been able to avoid buying a propane grill this week, i fired up the charcoal grill and made chicken breasts, halal lamb steaks and burgers, sweet onions, pineapple skewers, and corn in the husk.

i tried out the trick of removing the silk and soaking the ears of corn still in the husks in cold water fior about an hour, then grilling then in the husk. they were fantastic. smoky and sweet. corrrney goodness.

the lamb steaks were very tasty, but were a little tough. i had the butcher cut me 2 - 2" inch steaks from the top of a leg o' lamb. i guess it was a tough little lamb. the last time i made them i marinated them in garlic and evoo overnight. i wonder if that did anything to tenderize them.

the onions were delicious. rubbed with s&p, evoo, and tossed in a grill wok.

but the grilled chunks of pineapple were like candy. they had nice grill marks and toasted edges. the egdes tasted just like pineapple caramel, as in the term carmelizing.

I'm emptying my fridge for a two week road trip, so ate what was there. We had BLTs and a slaw. When I make cole slaw I never use a recipe. This time I happened to have half a head of cabbage, a half dozen "baby" carrots, a half a red onion, some yogurt, some mayo, the dregs of a jar of B&B pickles, some jalapena peppers. Herbs from the garden and .... voila. I guess you'd call it I-Need-To-Empty-The-Fridge-Slaw.

Wednesday night's dinner was one of my husband's favorites that I developed: Yogurt Fettucini Alfredo, made with "Straw & Hay" fettucini (1/2 regular, 1/2 spinach).

Back
Top Bottom