Dinner tonight..Mon. Jan 4 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight I'm doing a standing chicken on wine instead of beer. I'll be adapting GG's method of seasoning well under the skin and brushing it with Soy Sauce. The seasonings will be this blend from Penzeys. https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/bangkok-blend/c-24/p-13/pd-s I know we both agree that a standing chicken should be roasted at 425f.
Some stir fry veggies, and jasmine rice for the SC should work out well.

What's on your plate for tonight?

Last edited:
Tonight I'm doing a standing chicken on wine instead of beer. I'll be adapting GG's method of seasoning well under the skin and brushing it with Soy Sauce. The seasonings will be this blend from Penzeys. https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/bangkok-blend/c-24/p-13/pd-s I know we both agree that a standing chicken should be roasted at 425f.

Sounds wonderful, Kayelle. Let me know how you like the Bangkok Blend. I bought some recently but haven't tried it yet.

I am having chicken soup for the code in my nodse. I'm dying I tells ya, just about down for the count. And that's the truth. Good thing I found a mother lode of old movies and have a warm blanket on the couch tonight, or else it really would be a crisis.

Roast Pork stuffed w/ garlic & seasoned with rosemary & spice. Lima beans, rice w/pork gravy.

img_1449706_0_0948864e8b639340f89f3668b184d321.jpg

img_1449706_1_c366b8fda27c47d9375853d2b1ff1d60.jpg

Even thought it's a cold night here on Long Island, we are firing up the grill and making teriyaki chicken, rice, and a salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Well, that was a winner. The stellar crispy soy sauced skin was perfectly deep golden done without being burned, and I really liked the Bangkok seasoning under the skin. The spoon trick you mentioned helped a lot GG. The 6 lb. bird was done at 425f for 60 min. when the thigh measured 160 degrees before resting. We ate the whole legs and wings tonight. I have two beautiful breasts saved for leftovers, and the smashed bones and soy/wine juices in a freezer bag. Very little prep time, well spent.

Steak ,mushroom, and onion tacos....I also tried to make a spicy-pineapple aioli sauce, didn't work out right. First time ever trying anything in the aioli spectrum. However, the few I did apply my soupy experiment to still tasted really good. Just nothing photo worthy.

Well, that was a winner. The stellar crispy soy sauced skin was perfectly deep golden done without being burned, and I really liked the Bangkok seasoning under the skin. The spoon trick you mentioned helped a lot GG. The 6 lb. bird was done at 425f for 60 min. when the thigh measured 160 degrees before resting. We ate the whole legs and wings tonight. I have two beautiful breasts saved for leftovers, and the smashed bones and soy/wine juices in a freezer bag. Very little prep time, well spent.

Yay! :clap: Now I'm hungry for crispy chicken :yum:

I am having chicken soup for the code in my nodse. I'm dying I tells ya, just about down for the count...
Hope you feel better real soon, Whiska.

Last night in town before we head back to MA, and this cook declared "Cook's Night Off". We went to one fun pub (seriously, 1funpub.com is their website :LOL: ), a place called "Hooley House". One of the two co-owners is the husband of a friend of mine back when we live in OH. They recently opened a location (their fourth!) not far from where our son lives, and not far from where our daughter works. Decided to forego budget and nutrition tonight and go out big. We split two appetizers, the Irish egg rolls and the soft pretzel sticks. Loverly had the patty melt, Goober had the Reuben, Himself had the club sandwich, and I had the Philly cheese steak wrap. I don't remember everyone else's sides, but I had three boxty on my plate. Half the wrap and two boxty came home with me. Since we each washed our sandwiches down with beers there was no room for dessert. Everything was yummy. Can't wait to make a return trip.

Some nice looking and sounding dinners tonight!

We had Atlanta airport fare tonight. DH went to the restroom and told me to order whatever, so I ordered a very nice large green salad, with a side of potato salad for us to share. Of course, it did not meet with his approval. He did finish every bite though. Then we got a soft pretzel with cheese sauce from Auntie Anne's. DH was somewhat happier. When we got back to our park and fly after our final connection, he had to have a Big Mac.

Rusty Pelican salad, young mixed salad greens, steamed shrimp, chopped HB egg, tomatoes, chives, sliced mushrooms, with a homemade honey-mustard-mayo dressing.

Publix had chuck roast on sale this week. very nice cut. All day in the crock pot with onions and potatoes. Mexican cheese over steam broccoli on the side for me.

Back
Top Bottom