Dinner tonight? Saturday, Dec. 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First you gotta make da roux.

Now you eat the Gumbo!:yum: This is rustic Cajun food.
36788-albums309-picture5762.jpg

Nice looking bowl of gumbo!

I went to dinner with a bunch of girlfriends; we had Mexican food and jumbo margaritas, then went to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Was very good. I just barely had time to watch the first one yesterday afternoon on Netflix before my friend came to pick me up :LOL:

Now you eat the Gumbo!:yum: This is rustic Cajun food.
36788-albums309-picture5762.jpg
That looks fabulous. I'll bet it tasted wonderful.

Pretty funny that it probably started out as "poor people food". With all that seafood, it's gotta be kinda pricey nowadays.

That looks fabulous. I'll bet it tasted wonderful.

Pretty funny that it probably started out as "poor people food". With all that seafood, it's gotta be kinda pricey nowadays.

It can be expensive. Its really funny how the crab prices very between the east and west coast of Florida, with the west being less expensive. If you catch your own, it is even less expensive. I had to by them on the east coast this time, so it was expensive.

It can be expensive. Its really funny how the crab prices very between the east and west coast of Florida, with the west being less expensive. If you catch your own, it is even less expensive. I had to by them on the east coast this time, so it was expensive.

Never mind. Can't delete what I wrote.

Last edited:
It's a lot of work to pick blue crabs, for not a lot of meat each, and it can't be done by machine. The labor is expensive.

That's why I buy live and let the diner pick the crab as they eat the gumbo. Picked claw meat isn't that expensive. I would never use jumbo lump for soup or gumbo.

That's why I buy live and let the diner pick the crab as they eat the gumbo. Picked claw meat isn't that expensive. I would never use jumbo lump for soup or gumbo.

I misread what you wrote and responded with something that was irrelevant, but then couldn't delete it :wacko: We do actually have some excellent she-crab soup here, but I wouldn't use blue crab for gumbo, either.

Back
Top Bottom