Dinner tonight - St. Patty's Day 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I am making corned beef for the first time. Since I won't be home till much later I did it in the Crock Pot. I put the beef in with one bottle of beer and the spice packet. I throw in quartered red potaotes and put the heat on low. When i get home I will pull the meat out to rest and at that time I will throw the cabbage in. I am really looking forward to this meal and a couple of Guiness to wash it all down.

I hope it will turn out just the way you want it too!!We're going to our friend's house as per our tradition for St Patrick's day-Happy St Patrick's Day and thank you to all our Irish friends for giving us another holiday to celebrate with good friends and good food!!!!

happy st. patrick's day everyone!!!!!

we're having corned beef, cabbage, and baby redskins, boiled of course.

Heh, nothing special for St. Patty's day here. Our evenign will consist of dining out (most likely fast food) as we have to go to Sam's, WalMart, and Super Target . . . . . . *sigh* . . . . . . oh what fun!

Corned Beef here too. Gb I'd say good luck but it'll come out great and I'm sure you'll love it ! Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone !

Corned beef and cabbage here, too, with boiled red taters. I'm also using my crockpot.

Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone! :mrgreen:

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!
Since today is Fri. (lent), we're having leftover polenta with wild mushroom sauce, and maybe sauted spinach with garlic.
First year I didn't make corned beef & cabbage. Probably tomorrow night.

We're having beef vegtable soup (I'm defrosting it right now). I have never made corned beef but after reading this thread I'm craving a rueben for lunch - LOL.

I want a reuben too! Thats one thing you all can do with your leftover corned beef, or make some red flannel hash.

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone. I have six children for dinner with me tonight as DH is travelling to London to go watch Ireland play England(rugby). So I have my own two(Kenyan-Irish) two Suisse-Colombian kids and two Swedish-British kids. My best bet is pasta tonight. leaf.gif

It it's not too late by the time I arrive at my hotel, I do plan on going to some Irish Pub somewhere in Boston to celebrate my DH's family.

No cooking for me tonight, but would love to tell all of you Happy St. Patty's Day.

Susie (I may not be officially Irish, but do green eyes help?):-p

Back
Top Bottom