Dinner tonight, Tuesday 1/31/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spaghetti with marinara that included garlic,onion, basil, ground beef and mushrooms. shirataki noodles for me and pasta for the Mrs. I did cheat with a piece of bread.

We are really enjoying having Alaskan pollock once or twice a week (part of my New Year's resolution to eat more fish and shellfish). It's a nice thick fillet that you can cook from frozen.

Last night, I decided to make it with Thai flavors. I made Trader Joe's basmati and wild rice with dried vegetables and herbs and added freshly grated ginger and a big shake of Penzeys Bangkok Blend. Then I dredged the fish in flour seasoned with more Bangkok Blend and pan-fried it. And I sliced bell peppers and sautéed those, then finished them with Penzeys minced garlic reconstituted in rice vinegar, grated fresh ginger and a sauce mixed from Thai sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce. Good stuff ? 0131172007a_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Pork fried rice. It still didn't turn out very well, but I may have overdone on the Chinese 5 spice. And for all that effort I have 3 pans, a sink full of dirty dishes, and rice all over the place. I think I need a wok for this to work.
You don't need a wok. You need to follow a recipe. Once you've made it one time by a recipe, then you can wing it. Try the one medtran posted. It sounds really good.

You don't need a wok. You need to follow a recipe. Once you've made it one time by a recipe, then you can wing it. Try the one medtran posted. It sounds really good.

Also notice that Med's recipe has no Five Spice Powder at all, RT.
That's powerful stuff that can overpower every other flavor. What else have you been using in your fried rice besides meat? You've made it clear you don't do veggies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom