Dinner Tues. Aug. 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I`ve made a chinese style Chicken Curry, only I`ve made so much (as usual) that I`m not sure there will be room for any rice!

anyone here live about 5 hours away from me is welcome to a plate :)

BLTs. Today is my day for reading to the blind, which means I don't take a lot of time to fix dinner. PLUS we have lovely fresh tomatoes ... a real luxury as far as I'm concerned. I can never have too many tomatoes in the summer, and miss them all winter.

YT2095 said:
anyone here live about 5 hours away from me is welcome to a plate :)

is it that bad that you'll be 5 hours away at the time? :)

that reminds me of the line "before you criticise someone and risk insulting them, walk a mile in their shoes. that way if they're really angry, you'll be a mile away and they'll have no shoes".

tooonight, i'm hoping to pick up some lobsters on the way home from work.
(hey baby, nice carapace. :cool: )

they've finally gone on sale for around 7 clams per pound. i've been waiting for the price to come down.

so dinner will be steamed lobsters with buttah, corn on the cob and boiled baby redskins.

the first part is for YT...

ooops, cookies are telling me to get them out of the oven, hang on:ermm: had to get new batch in. gosh, anything good:neutral: takes effort, no:ROFLMAO: ?​

YT, I must admit to being the dumbest person on earth. in your Caine quote, I read it over and over again. What am I missing? I don't get it. So as not to bore the rest, or the intelligent people in here:LOL: , could you PM me and explain, thanks!​

dinner:
salmon chunks in crepes [from that fillet of last week that's in the freezer]
myer lemon butter cream sauce over them.
watching the UK's Daily Cooks and they did a mince meat in crepes and I like that idea better than the patties I'd thought of making.
peas and pearl onions in butter.
scalloped potatoes with a hint of ham, again, it's a slice of 'freezer find'
caprese salad, cause I'm home
chocolate chip "kiss" cookies from the bags I bought on sale yesterday, hubby is taking the majority to work so they won't tempt me all day.​

Have a wonderful Tuesday and hoping Elvis is dancing in heaven singing the Hawaiian Wedding song << just for me and thanking God for my blessing regarding the King...:blush: :wub: on the memorial of his early departure...​

Last edited:
Still experiencing record-setting temperatures here, so we're going to have beef stroganoff done in the crock-pot, served over noodles and some steamed broccoli on the side.

If the weatherman is right, we should cool down by Thursday or Friday. Not soon enough for me. My crock-pot experiment for the month of May has made its way into August. Viva la crock-pot!!!!

Pan fried cod filets, and something, who knows?I'm expecting a "cold front" here on Thursday too Katie. I think it will only be 98. brrrrrrrrrrr chilly!

Katie E said:
Still experiencing record-setting temperatures here, so we're going to have beef stroganoff done in the crock-pot, served over noodles and some steamed broccoli on the side.

If the weatherman is right, we should cool down by Thursday or Friday. Not soon enough for me. My crock-pot experiment for the month of May has made its way into August. Viva la crock-pot!!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/beefstroganoffwithma_71568.shtml

I Tivo this every day. I love Rick Stein and his UK recipes. This was his menu today with other things too, but I so enjoyed his simplicity.
Funny you're making stroganoff today, I simply LOVE the stuff too. Have a beautiful day:)

They don't have it airing on BBC america as of this week, though! :mad: What time is it on for you?

We are having gnocci with gorgonzola cream sauce tonight. I'll put a caesar salad with that and a baguette with oven roasted garlic and olive oil.

velochic said:
They don't have it airing on BBC america as of this week, though! :mad: What time is it on for you?

We are having gnocci with gorgonzola cream sauce tonight. I'll put a caesar salad with that and a baguette with oven roasted garlic and olive oil.
Mornings, 9:30-10:00 and 10:00-10:30, so two in a row M-F.
oh, and..........................can I come over? :wacko:
dinner sounds delish:) thanks to Uncle Bob, I had that gnocci with bleu dolce creme and blue crab @ August in MSY and it was tear inducingly incredible​

Last edited:
Sure, catch the next flight to IND. :LOL:

We just moved back from Germany, and got our dish not long ago and it was on (Eastern time) at 12:30pm. Then all of the sudden this week, I can't find it anywhere. Bummer. You must have different programming. I do love that show. And Daily Cooks right before it (which is also not airing now:mad:)

I changed my mind about the red snapper. I'll have that tomorrow. Today I had a sole fillet stuffed with crab and scallops with au gratin potatoes, both courtesy of my last Omaha Steaks All American Combo order (which is their best deal) and steamed green beans. Dessert was a chocolate lava cake. Beverage was Italian wimp water.

It's my husband's birthday. It's way way way too hot to cook...in the house. He wants grilled lemon pepper chicken, grilled corn on the cob, and grilled red tators with stuff on them.

I picked up a store made cookies and cream cake for him as well.

Goin out on a date (yea baby). Who knows,if its in town, im feelin a nice steak. If we drive, we may go to PF CHiangs which is a real good chinese bistro, if thats the case who knows.

Today will be the hottest day of the year, so far - 105-107 deg. So... I'm thinking spinach (salmon & mushroom) quiche w jack cheese -- and whatever else I can throw in there so it doesn't taste like eggs. :ermm: Lettuce & tomato salad and fruit for dessert.

It's only 87 here and WHAT a relief it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still don't know what I'm making but I better be figuring it out soon!

Last night I made some chicken strips that were marinated in yogurt, lime juice and zest, cilantro, garlic and a little red pepper flakes.

Tonight I took that leftover chicken and made some grilled tortillas with some cheese and chipotle paste then topped it off with sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and chopped tomatoes. The flavors of the cilantro, lime and chipotle turned out perfect together.

corrected some spelling for search engine feature - kitchenelf

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going to grill some Italian sausage, peppers and onions, then chop them up and add to penne pasta with some fresh basil and parsley. Caprese salad on the side.

I made potato salad and BLTs. To keep my no A/C kitchen cool, I nuked fingerling potatoes in the morning then made the salad when they cooled. Also nuked the bacon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom