Dinner Tues. Feb 3 '15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I cooked and we ate..

Homemade pizza tonight, honestly the best I've ever done.:chef:
I think the difference was made with a LOT of ground porchini mushrooms.
img_1408707_0_53182823be823ebb01e9d794b46bc431.jpg

Last edited:
Rubbed a HUGE chicken breast with olive oil then sprinkled it liberally with freshly ground black pepper, sea salt, rosemary, basil and garlic. Let it marinate all afternoon and baked it for about an hour. Yumarootie!

With the chicken we had fried green tomatoes, leftover fried potatoes from last night, iced tea and peach cobbler.

Must've been tasty because there was not a crumb left. Even the dog cleaned up the roaster pan and chicken bones.

Your pizza looks spectacular, Kayelle! DH wanted chicken noodle soup, and I just so happened to have some in the freezer. So that.

Yummy looking pizza, KL!

It was payday shopping today, but I'm saving the rest of the shopping until tomorrow or later.

I'm on the 6th day of a miserable cold/flu/mucus/coughing fits nasty thing. At least I ate more food today. No cooking, unless you call mixing a bowl of ramen type noodles with kim chee spices and nuking it. Very good actually for 98¢ and enough left for another meal.

I feel better now that I ate and didn't wear myself out with marathon shopping.

I did get a few new dishes lined up for when I feel like cooking again. I'm anxious to try the Joe's eggs recipe and now have all the ingredients on hand.

Thanks, Dawg. Me too! I'm beyond tired of this. I'm getting better, I think, but slowly. I've just decided to be patient and pamper myself by not running off and pushing myself to get all the shopping done at once.

Oh, I hope you feel better soon too, Z. :flowers:

I heated the other half of the mac-and-cheese I made a couple days ago, and served it with steamed broccoli/cauliflower/carrots. Good thing I had the big part of dinner done - it took another hour and a half to clean yesterday's snowfall. Hopefully, the forecasters are right about the next week - nothing more than a couple of inches on the snowiest day. We need a break!

Stuffed shells from the freezer with newly made tomato sauce and another arugula, fennel, avocado, onion salad.

Oooh...Kay...that's a fabulous looking pizza! :yum:

I had thin sliced tri tip on a toasted onion bun, with a light spread of horseradish and mayo blend. No sides, that was more than enough. :ermm: :)

I cooked and we ate..

Homemade pizza tonight, honestly the best I've ever done.:chef:
I think the difference was made with a LOT of ground porchini mushrooms.
img_1408802_0_53182823be823ebb01e9d794b46bc431.jpg
I discovered that buying frozen pizza dough at Von's was so much easier than trying to make it in my bread maker.
Kayelle is a whiz with sliding the pizza off the peel onto the pizza stone! The cornmeal acts like ball bearings in helping to slide the pizza

Back
Top Bottom