Dinner Tues. March 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Think Iam going to a make teriyaki marinaded pork fritter sandwiches, fries and cole slaw, making a cake for dessert.

Last edited:
having part 2 of the eggplant lasagna I made Sunday. It reheats very well with a touch more sauce and cheese on top.

I am having the last of the Boston Market rotisserie chicken, sweet potato casserole, green beans, stuffing, cornbread muffin, and a slice of apple pie for lunch. Supper will be the usual; Spring mix salad with thousand Island dressing, shredded Mexican cheese, bacon bits, and croutons, and a glass of Sicilian red wine.

As long as DH gets home on time, I'll make steak, Parmesan hash browns, peas and salad. If he doesn't make it for dinner, I'll just heat some leftovers (my collection is growing again!:rolleyes: :LOL: )

We are back to clearing the freezer and cupbaords again..goodness I am so bored of house moving....I am only in the next one for about 6 weeks! But its just across the city, so cupboard stores will move quite easily, but an empty fridge and no open packets help, and really, as I won't be fulltime in Italy with DH after that the fewer things left the better...

so tonight we are having meatballs with the last of the mince from the freezer.

I took some pork chops out of the freezer about 20 minutes ago. I just have to figure out what I want to do with them.

Bourbon..

A Veal Stew

French Bread for dipping...

Maybe a glass of Riesling

Chocolate Mint Girl Scout Cookie..(only one for me)

Bourbon..

Robo, the eggplant lasagna sounds yummy! We love eggplant! Is it a tomato-based lasagna, or a different sauce? I am dreaming of alfredo and fresh mozzarella....

It is cold and overcast here, and raining periodically, so I think I will make chili. Hopefully this will be the last cold spell, and I can put the chili-making on hold until fall.

Tonight I we have a couple coming over so the wife would like me to cook. This is what I have decided that I could do with what I had at home. Let me know what you think. I will also be serving a good White wine I guess.

Appetizer

Pan Seared Blue Fin Tuna

Entrée

Wild Green Salad in Edible Cheese bowl
Grilled Bacon and Herb Pork Tenderloin
Red Skin Mashed with Garlic and Chives
Asparagus with a Bacon Wrap

Dessert

Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
With a Chocolate drizzle and Cinnamon

last night i made my first split pea soup; 4+ hours in the crock pot.

dw was impressed, saying it's the closest anyone's ever come to her mother's pea soup. that made my night.
that, and my boy ate a big bowl as well.

i'm going to post the recipe asap, mostly so i can always come back and see what i did. i never seem to make anything the same exact way twice.

Hector will be taking up most of the kitchen bottling the barley wine he brewed... so we'll probably just pick up subs or pizza.

more corn chowder, which has had a few more things added by now, like some leftover cannellini beans and more canned potatoes. It sure turned out tasty.

bucky, I'm watching for the pea soup recipe....

the basement, jkath? :cool:

ok beth, posting it now. it's really very simple, with the basics taken from several recipes, so i really can't call it my own.

I'm finally getting around to our corned beef dinner. I'm going to braise it in the oven - I have always simmered it or crocked it in the past.

Lucky leftover night, whatever I can find in the fridge. I was going to do that last night but yesterday was such a pain, I just feel like eating dinner.

I love split pea soup, I'll go and check Buckytom's recipe after this...well, the beef we were going to have is well and truely off, not very sure why, but we are having pasta with veg instead....pappers, cherry toms, garlic, onion and some unfortunatley bitter courgettes :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom