Dinner Tuesday, 11-28-2017 ~ It's Suppertime, yes it's sup-per-time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah... Nearest to where I'll be is 2 1/2 hours north and another 3 1/2 hours east.. Doubt I will be visiting either of them often... :(

Poor me, poor me... :rolleyes:

The good news is that Aldi's is very big where I'll be.. My daughter, who is a big fan of TJ's, loves Aldi's. According to her, it is a very well organized chain.. So, that might well work for me.. (the glass is half full, the glass is half full.. ;))

Ross

ALDI owns Trader Joe's, so there are bound to be some similarities.

Funny thing is, I've been to both TJ's and ALDI multiple times, and have only bought a couple things at TJ's, and nothing at ALDI.

CD

ALDI owns Trader Joe's, so there are bound to be some similarities.

Funny thing is, I've been to both TJ's and ALDI multiple times, and have only bought a couple things at TJ's, and nothing at ALDI.

CD

Yes, Aldi's and TJ's are connected.. I believe that the biggest similarity, is in their marketing profile..

The Aldi store in the MO town we lived in didn't impress me... That said, I have been in the Aldi in the city my daughter lives in, many times, and it is a pretty good store..

Just an opinion based upon my experience.. A store like TJ's grows on you over time. If someone just drops in a time or 3 or 5, they do not get the full experience of the store, its employees and its mission.. The first few times I shopped at TJ's, I thought it a bit strange.. Now I can spend a lot of time there, just checking things out..

As GG said, "There isn't anything there I can't do without" but, there are many things there which please me... GG also said something about fans being part of a cult.. I confess, I'm part of that cult.. :)

Ross

Better to be a cult member of a good prices store than a disciple of the paycheck gobbling chain. ?
;) ;) ;)

DH and I went to Whole Paycheck in Ann Arbor once to see what it was like. We bought salads and didn't think they were worth the cost. I checked out the one in Virginia Beach when it first opened and left there without buying anything, either. Since I'm on medical disability, we don't have money to burn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom