Dinner Tuesday, 3-24-2020 ~ National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...and National Diabetes Association Alert Day. :huh: Coincidence? You decide.

Pretty sure the Diabetic Association would frown upon our supper plans. After making a very healthful and time consuming meal yesterday, though, I'm looking for easy. We'll have BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches on Aldi Hawaiian sweet rolls, coleslaw, and Bush's baked beans. No chocolate covered anything (gave up chocolate for lent :().

What's hitting your plate today?

with 3 freezers (large and small, plus the one with the fridge) full with... you name it - chops, roasts, geese, chicken, who knows what. I'm chomping thru a half bag of potato chips......... go figure :wacko:

but the chips are "lightly salted" do I get brownie points?

Working on a Tri-Tip.....

39817-albums933-picture8232.jpg
[/IMG]

I am sous riding a couple of chicken breasts that I will finish in a CI skillet. Meanwhile, I am roasting a butternut squash and will add some seasoned yukon gold potatoes for roasted potatoes.

Created a meal using sliced ham and asparagus, which was on sale at the market for $.99 per pound. You can bet I snagged a bunch.

Steamed the asparagus, cut it in half, put it on a slice of smoked ham, added some shredded Swiss cheese and rolled up. Made 8 rolls and poured a mustard sauce made of milk, S & P, along with a bunch of dried mustard and flour. Cooked until thick. Put what was left of the Swiss cheese into sauce. Poured it over the ham rolls and set to baking. We'll see if this flies, but I have a feeling it will be tasty. The last of the pickled red beets as a side.

I didn't plan anything for supper because we were supposed to get two grocery orders and putting all of that away would have exhausted both of us. So, we planned to order out. Neither order arrived. But, since there were no plans, we ordered out anyways. We both got shish taouk platters from Mr Falafel.

No plans here, either, and definitely no chocolate covered raisins! lol Since I had some of the vinaigrette left from that lettuce salad yesterday, I made another salad, with some over the hill potatoes, which I peeled thickly, cubed, and steamed. I mixed into these a can of rinsed cannellini beans, some diced celery, a small kohlrabi, peeled and sliced, a chopped Thai pepper, and two chopped hard boiled eggs. I got 4 helpings from it, so there are still 3 in there.

Our first venture out day in over a week so, at the end of running our few errands, I stopped @ Steak N Shake for take out..

I felt like a little kid getting out of the apartment AND having take out.. :ermm::LOL:

Ross

I took some squash, zucchini, and chopped onions and sauteed them in a bit of olive oil, the put some eggs and cheese in there with them. Had bacon and salad with it. Mini blueberry muffins for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom