Dinner, Tuesday Aug. 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
going to do a scallop potato with ham and peas, summer squash with plain old butter and s&p.

First off, it's Tuesday August 7. Tonight DH and I are going to Smithfield Station for dinner. It is on the banks of the James River and everyone says it is really nice. We are celebrating 25 years of marriage today! Can't afford more than a good meal out since we are paying college tuitions as well. But it will be nice to relax on the banks and enjoy each others company.

leftovertures...
Spaghetti n meat balls
Lemongrass shrimp n noodles
assorted other mysterious tupperwares to be opened....

Uncle Bob said:
I'm torn between chicken breast on the grill and crawfish cakes! ...I leaning towards the crawfish cakes!! ;)

let me help you settle the quest! if you do the crawfish cakes, I'll come!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
this is what I'm making for myself tonight.
my sweet friend, MM, helped me realize the goodness of this very easy meal.
Italian Panzanella and more delicious recipes, smart cooking tips, and video demonstrations on marthastewart.com
being alone still, I can make just what I want to eat and a light salad with protein added, is my pleasure.
using my leftover NYTimes bread as the main star!​

We are either having Rib Eye Steak and some sides. Not sure of the sides yet. Probably quick sides. Possibly a salad. I have some pasta sides for quick sides and frozen veggies in the freezor.

Or we are grabbing subs.

I'm waiting for DH to get home to decide.

YT2095 said:
I`ve made a Ham, Leek and Potatoe pie with plenty soon to melted cheese on top :)

YUMMY! If only I could have it without the ham!!!

I had Quorn fillets, sauteed asparagus over parsley quinoa. And one glass of wine! :)

Too late to start cooking now, so me and the missus are going to our local Indian. It's literally round the corner and, although unlicensed, they do allow you to take your own wine in (no corkage either).

Makes for a very nice evening :)

We changer our mind. Now we are cooking a Hannaford Brand Pepperoni Pizza at some point tonight.

Its too hot to cook, so I got chicken caesar sandwiches at Panera on the way home. Its just too HOT!

My whole family loves Chinese BBQ'd pork, soooo a friend sent me two tenderloins prepared this way..I'm slicing them super thin then piling them on warm buttered french rolls..Every one can add the gravy type thing he sent to us which is yummy and then add anything they want to the sandwich,tomatoe,lettuce,sweet onion, avocado etc. I made a chinese type salad minus the chicken, and some deep fried tempura asparagus. And we have coconut ice cream for dessert...Me, I take the sandwich straight up wuth only the butter and gravy and then stand back I love coconut ice cream...
kadesma:)

kadesma said:
My whole family loves Chinese BBQ'd pork, soooo a friend sent me two tenderloins prepared this way..I'm slicing them super thin then piling them on warm buttered french rolls..Every one can add the gravy type thing he sent to us which is yummy and then add anything they want to the sandwich,tomatoe,lettuce,sweet onion, avocado etc. I made a chinese type salad minus the chicken, and some deep fried tempura asparagus. And we have coconut ice cream for dessert...Me, I take the sandwich straight up wuth only the butter and gravy and then stand back I love coconut ice cream...
~!~!~!~!~!~
Kades, just how far from me are you?:LOL:
your dinner sounds scrumptuous and coconut anything to me is shear bliss, but in ice cream form, oh my Lord! < Yumderful!!!!:wacko:
`

Last edited:
LEFSElover said:
~!~!~!~!~!~

Kades, just how far from me are you?:LOL:
your dinner sounds scrumptuous and coconut anything to me is shear bliss, but in ice cream form, oh my Lord! < Yumderful!!!!:wacko:
`
Lefs,
wish I was next door:-p This ice cream was so good, I just love it..Creamy not super sweet, and it is loaded with coconut..MY one BIG weakness..
kads

kadesma said:
:-p This ice cream was so good, I just love it..Creamy not super sweet, and it is loaded with coconut..MY one BIG weakness..
kads
what brand, where do you get it? or, do you make it? just curious, our DD and I are both coconut freaks!:blush:

LEFSElover said:
what brand, where do you get it? or, do you make it? just curious, our DD and I are both coconut freaks!:blush:
We have a favorite Chinese place we go to about once a month and I get it from them. I have no idea where they get it..I've never seen it in stores except with pineapple added to it..But you just gave me an idea, I just picked up the goodies to make some vanilla, and I have some coconut milk, I'm going to try making some myself tomorrow...Lets see what I can do with it...Okay, I just had to try it soooo, I've got a batch going now and we shall see if I made the grade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom