Dinner Tuesday, February 1, 2022 ~ It's February ALREADY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Where is this year flying off to? Am I the only person who thinks it's moving too fast? At least one of the fake holidays for today is "National Dark Chocolate Day". Just like National Wine Day, I celebrate this occasion most every day.

Since Himself and I will be running errands together, I've declared today my personal "Cook's Day Off" day. I'll be choosing something from O'Connor's Restaurant's menu. So far I'm planning on getting something other than my usual "Famous & Enormous Beef, Mushroom, and Guinness Pie". We'll see how that works out. :LOL:

What are your plans for tonight's meal?

I got pooped out putting away groceries after the produce basket arrived. DH started feeling unwell and got another migraine. So, we ordered Lebanese food.

I got pooped out putting away groceries after the produce basket arrived. DH started feeling unwell and got another migraine. So, we ordered Lebanese food.

Ooh, what did ya get? Lebanese is an inretesting mix of cultures.

Himself ended up getting two meals worth of Haddock Fish and Chips on one plate. I had Sea Bass Key West seasoned with lemon, basil, and thyme and topped with lon caper butter. Sides were sauteed mixed vegetables, sauted asparagus, and a baked potato. I was a member of the clean plate club.
IMG_20220201_202804706_HDR.jpgIMG_20220201_202815066_HDR.jpg

Ooh, what did ya get? Lebanese is an inretesting mix of cultures.

I had a mixed shawarma platter. There was chicken and beef, rice, roasted potatoes, coleslaw, pickled turnips, toum (garlic sauce similar to aioli), and hummus. There was a white flour pita which I didn't eat. And I gave the 'taters to the hubster. It's really quite tasty. DH ordered two chicken shawarma in pita.

Dinner last night was pot roast, mashed potatoes, spinach and half slice of buttered homemade bread.

pot_roast_020122_img_9234-jpg.47732

As did CG and Himself we had errands to run and decided to forgo cooking for the night.

We stopped at a "new to us" restaurant we have been meaning to try.

Bad move on our part.
The, less than friendly server informed me that what we wanted to order (fried chicken and catfish) was not available. :ermm:

We settled for open faced hot roast beef sandwiches.
Another bad move.
What we were served was a congealed mess of way dark brown gravy on top of flavorless beef strips. The mashed potatoes were good tho. :rolleyes:

We didn't eat much, paid (left a small tip) and went home.

Upon arrival @ home, I scrambled us some eggs. That and butterscotch pudding had us feeling better. :)

Ross

I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so DH made dinner. Frozen ravioli, doctored-up jar of pasta sauce and garlic bread made with burger buns hit the spot.
20220201_200412.jpg

I had a mixed shawarma platter. There was chicken and beef, rice, roasted potatoes, coleslaw, pickled turnips, toum (garlic sauce similar to aioli), and hummus. There was a white flour pita which I didn't eat. And I gave the 'taters to the hubster. It's really quite tasty. DH ordered two chicken shawarma in pita.

That sounds really good. I haven't had good shawarma in a long time. I've been making pork souvlaki using Michael Simon's recipe, along with tzatziki recently to fill the need for meat and veg with a pita.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom