Dinner, Tuesday March 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have already put a nice roast in the slow cooker, covered it with a carton of beef broth, added spices, and it's set for 8 hours!

I'm making homemade beef dip (french dip) for supper with grilled buns.

*Licking my lips* MMmmmm.

They had a sale on microwave soups yesterday so tonight's dinner was one of them - Chicken Caccitore. I added some leftover baby bocconcini balls (halved) into the nuked soup and had it with the stale heel of a Vienna loaf. It was very yummy, esp for a bought soup.

the kid [ds#2] wants me to do a crock pot turkey breast for him with potatoes and carrots. salad too and the dessert I figured out I wanted to make for them, got it out of a magazine yesterday. I'll post it over on dessert. but that'll be after I go to the market for some ingreds.​

Boring, nasty Hawaiian Haystacks. I'm at the end of my weekly list and DH requested the meal. And honestly, I am so pregnant I don't feel like cooking gourmet meals very often anyway. So today we get Cambell's cream of chicken soup over rice, pineapple, and a few chopped vegetables. I'm not even cooking chicken to put in the sauce this time. Actually, I have some boiled chicken in the freezer, maybe I can use that and I won't have to cook...

Today it's a cheapy pre-cooked ham, carmelized pearl onions, and peas or carrots (or both, depending on my mood). Which I could do potatoes, but... alas. Too many carbs. I'm just in the mood for something easy tonight!

Tonight I'm making cabbage soup with napa cabbage, ground beef, tomato, chicken broth, and some fine diced vegetables. I might add some potatoes or rice to it toward the end.

DH works for a home building company and is in charge of saving them money and making more profits. That is not going well right now, with the home market being what it is. So, I have baby back ribs in the crock pot; they will be served with homemade baked beans and salad. When he comes home I will have a glass of wine waiting for him and some nice Brie and crackers.

shortchef - awwwwww - that's sweet!

We're having Asian-inspired Wild Alaska Salmon patties on a big bed of lettuce and other veggies along with a bowl of edamame, thanks to QSis :LOL:

. When he comes home I will have a glass of wine waiting for him and some nice Brie and crackers.

Wow that's really sweet! Nobody in my house is that thoughtful.

Tonight is roast chicken and pasta w/3 herb walnut pesto, sun dried tomato and fresh mozz.

Tonights dinner is left over bean soup.

In mid January I took 10 pounds of ham bones, simmered them for 10 hours, strained the broth and separated the meat (reserved 2 1/2 pounds of gelatin), re-added the meat, added soaked beans, onion, garlic, simmered them another bunch of hours. Took them to a soup dinner. I brought the left overs (5 pounds) home. Split them into two parts in ziploks.

Doing the first ziplok tonight.

I have a large T-bone that's going on the grill, sides are steak fries and asparagus. Maybe a small bowl of french vanilla ice cream for dessert.:)

I have to cook tonight! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! After a week of rolling up to the buffet I think I've forgotten how. Phooey. Think maybe I'll do a chicken stir fry, thats quick and easy.

DH has requested a big green salad with cut up bbq'd chicken chunks,hard cooked egg,cucumbers,thin red onion slices,avocado,crutons,olives,pepperoncini,beets,
and a citrus vinegrette A ground beef pattie, warm rolls and banana cream pie for dessert. Me, I think it will be a hot dog with the works..I'm worn out today, no sleep last night and so I have not much of an appy right now...

kadesma

I have a large T-bone that's going on the grill, sides are steak fries and asparagus. Maybe a small bowl of french vanilla ice cream for dessert.:)

I wish I was having that (especially the ice cream)!

I actually changed my mind on our dinner. I'll save the Hawaiian Haystacks for tomorrow. Tonight--leftover lasagna!! Btw, lasagna is really good with spinach in the red sauce.

Had something else planned, but I looked at the potato basket and realized that some should be used soon. I suddenly was in the mood for New England clam chowder. Got a wonderful deal on clam broth last week. Only 62 cents per 8-ounce bottle. It was a closeout so I bought all they had.

We can't get fresh clams here, so I'll have to use canned. But, I have plenty of onions, bacon, clam broth, cream, thyme, etc., so we'll have a decent soup. I'd better get my soup glands satisfied before the weather gets too warm to serve hot soup.

I spent all morning baking and have deep chocolate chip brownies for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom