Dinner, Tuesday, October 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
Is no one eating today? I was waiting to see what was going on before deciding, but had to go it on my own. Today will be fried tillapia, baked potatoes, cole slaw and dutch apple pie. It is pouring cats and dogs and I thought this would be a good meal for such a rainy day.

Just got home from three months of camping - not cooking, ordering out. I am having smelt, fries and cole slaw, hubby - not sure !

I'm going out with my dinner group to a new Peruvian restaurant. I'm planning to order avocado salad and Inca Ceviche. From the menu: "Two Ceviches Combination: one lime marinated fish ceviche with cilantro and one fish ceviche with red pepper (rocoto) sauce." DH is on his own.

I have four great big fresh scallops that I'll sear. Angel hair pasta with leftover grilled mushrooms, asparaus, green pepper, fresh herbs, and some goat cheese. The picky one is getting pogos.:LOL:

Last edited:
We're having re-runs of last nights fried grouper and onion rings. Kim heats them in the oven, and they're just as good the second night.

Well, I'm on my way back across town to my apartment to box up the rest of my things so I'll have everything ready for the movers to do their thing in the morning. Probably be a burger and fries around midnight ... if I stop now I'll go to sleep ....

I'm in one of those 'not sure' moods. I've thawed out some pork chops but I'm not sure what to do with them or what to put with them.

Is no one eating today? I was waiting to see what was going on before deciding, but had to go it on my own. Today will be fried tillapia, baked potatoes, cole slaw and dutch apple pie. It is pouring cats and dogs and I thought this would be a good meal for such a rainy day.
guess they didn't combine:huh: here's my plan
Yesterday my friend asked me to shoot her off my guacamole recipe/s. I did that, sent her my favorite 4.
That made me think that tonight, it's going to be guacamole burgers, with all the fixins like bacon, tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese, pickles. I have reruns of the husbands favorite pilaf and more lemon pound cake for him with vanilla ice cream too.

What's on your stove or in your oven for tonight? Or is it a crock pot day somewhere?:wacko:

Comfort food here. A one-dish meal that was a childhood favorite called "Paul's Goo." It's a combination of cooked elbow macaroni, browned ground beef, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, creamed corn, tomato soup, salt and pepper. It's baked until hot and bubbly. I always add a little garlic because garlic is one of the food groups. Better yet leftover.

Haven't made this in a LONG time, even though it's one of my favorite pastas. Was in the mood for it so that's what I made: Rigatoni alla Vodka. I like to add pancetta, capers, and make it a little on the spicy side. My daughter is starting to like spicy foods now so that's a good thing.

Last night I cooked some Barilla farfalle (bowtie) pasta along with some lovely fresh roughly sliced broccoli raab & tossed it with some sliced Aidell's Habenero & Green Chile smoked turkey & chicken sausage, extra-virgin olive oil, & fresh grated parmesan cheese. Delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom