Dinner Wed. 3/20/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
With the recent talk about Kalua Pork, I've been inspired today. :pig:

I like doing mine in my Nesco Roaster as it works better for me than a crockpot or the oven. When the meat is done and removed, I can hike up the temp. and steam the cabbage we like with it in the juices from the flavorful pork. I'll make some steamed Jasmine rice, and also my Pineapple Salsa for the sides.

What's in your plan for dinner tonight?

Last edited:
SO has a craving for orange chicken. Fortunately there is a bag in the freezer. I'll add sugar snap peas, mushrooms, carrots, pepper and onion to round it out. It will be served over white rice.

We also love that Orange Chicken Andy. Do you add additional orange juice to the sauce packets?

No, I don't. We don't keep OJ in the house. I have some halos or cuties or whatever in the house, maybe I'll squeeze one or zest it.

Finally making my corned beef. It's in the Instant Pot cooking.

Attachments

• Pulled pork dinner.jpg
    Pulled pork dinner.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 142
We're having friends over...pot roast is in the slow cooker and sourdough bread is cooling on the counter. A month ago we were briefly in CA where we stopped at a date store; picked up all kinds of goodies. Will thaw a tin of baklava for dessert.

There wasn't enough meat left for generous Ruben sandwiches so for lunch I made corned beef hash, the best I've ever done I think. To a skillet of sauteed onion, I added the cooked diced carrot/potato/celery along with the diced meat. Adding a little of the leftover horseradish gravy pulled it all together. Souschef was impressed as he had never had homemade CB hash before.
It brought back sweet memories of my Dad :wub:who said the best reason to make CB is to make hash.

The Rusty Pelican salad I've mentioned before, shrimp, hard-boiled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, with a honey mustard dressing.

Grabbed a cheeseburger at Culver's.

Ooooo, a Culver's Butterburger. Heart-attack on a bun. :ohmy: :yum:

I'm going toss a couple of hot dogs on the grill tonight. It's been a while since I've had a bit of char on my hot dogs.

CD

With the recent talk about Kalua Pork, I've been inspired today. :pig:

I like doing mine in my Nesco Roaster as it works better for me than a crockpot or the oven. When the meat is done and removed, I can hike up the temp. and steam the cabbage we like with it in the juices from the flavorful pork. I'll make some steamed Jasmine rice, and also my Pineapple Salsa for the sides.

What's in your plan for dinner tonight?
Here tiz..

Attachments

• P3200003[1].jpg
    P3200003[1].jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom