Dinner, Wed. Aug. 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Suppose to storm this afternoon and evening, so cooking indoors.
Easy dinner - chili dogs, mac n cheese and sliced tomatoes.

Last edited:
it's raining in Nashville and people are dancin in the streets!:-p bout time we hear.
they're in desparate need.
no cooking for me today, not home.
instead when our plane drops us back in LA, we'll get something on the way home, nothing fancy, for the man, maybe it'll be a burger like In & Out, salad or nothing for me, been really bad on vacation, there are too many Cracker Barrels here.:ohmy:

it's raining in Nashville and people are dancin in the streets!:-p bout time we hear.
they're in desparate need.
no cooking for me today, not home.
instead when our plane drops us back in LA, we'll get something on the way home, nothing fancy, for the man, maybe it'll be a burger like In & Out, salad or nothing for me, been really bad on vacation, there are too many Cracker Barrels here.:ohmy:

LEFSE - Your suppose to be bad on vacation, enjoy ! (vacate normal life) !!

London Broil, grilled.
Haven't decided on the marinade/rub/flavorings....
Probably something simple, so leftovers can be
utilized for other goodies!

Breakfast was Ovaltine and supplements, lunch will be double cheeseburger with Ruffles, grapes, Coke Zero or San Pellegrino, and either a cappuccino lava cake or an ice cream sandwich for dessert. Supper, I'm not sure what I'm having because the iceberg lettuce salad mix is decomposing as we speak. I need to pick up some kitty litter from the pet store, so maybe I'll cruise through the Wendy's drive thru and pick up a Caesar salad. I just hope the kid doesn't ask me what kind of dressing I want, like last time! They really should replace urine tests for prospective employees with IQ tests.

Last edited:
Its hot here too (we need rain!). I am making chicken tikka masala for dinner. Might make a lemon pound cake for dessert if I get motivated.

Having a Heat Wave... Have a craving for steak pizziola (an oldie but goodie), and fettucine on the side, a small green salad, & fruit. (Gotta stop watching those Everybody Loves Raymond reruns :LOL:)

Last edited:
It's looking like tilapia with a few swimps on top seasoned with "Suit My Fancy" seasoning. Then some kind of stir fry of zuke, onion, and shrooms.
Only two more days after today, and it's week-end!!!

(don't tell the carb police, but I just sneaked a "slab" of banana bread loaded with pecans):whistling

Chicken rollatini for us tonight ( boneless chicken breasts filled with thin sliced smoked Virginia ham, rolled up, then brushed with a horseradish-dijon mustard, and rolled into bread crumbs, browned and then baked. I add some chicken broth in the pan to keep it moist and very tender while baking), and not sure what sides will go with that just yet.

It's looking like tilapia with a few swimps on top seasoned with "Suit My Fancy" seasoning. Then some kind of stir fry of zuke, onion, and shrooms.
Only two more days after today, and it's week-end!!!

(don't tell the carb police, but I just sneaked a "slab" of banana bread loaded with pecans):whistling

Swimps? What are swimps?

crispy pepperoni, mac and cheese, buffalo chicken with carrots/dip and apple crisp.

All of the above are not a good choice since it is hot here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom