Dinner, Wed. Feb. 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, it can be quite easy and fun to cook meals that are both meat and meatless. Pasta is a great place to start! You can do a tomato sauce and add meat to half and veggies (mushrooms, etc) to the other half. Just make sure that your girlfriend has some type of protien as well. Or how about burgers? There are some really good veggie burgers out there, just remember to not cook them together so the meat fat gets into hers. The possibilities are actually endless!

I hope she is doing much better than me - I am struggling as I gave up sugar for lent and then have been baking ever since!

Yeah, I ended up just throwing together a spinach/tomato/pasta dish. I showed her what you posted, and she said, "but it's only been a week!"

Good luck with your struggles.

Yeah, I ended up just throwing together a spinach/tomato/pasta dish. I showed her what you posted, and she said, "but it's only been a week!"

Good luck with your struggles.

Tell her that yes, it has only been a week but in that time I have been baking cookies for our borders' lunches, and promised 12 dozen for a youth retreat, made 100 mini cupcakes for a church luncheon and am now making several batches of them in different flavours for a wedding cake tasting! But I have been strong.....I have let others test them for me. Chocolate is my worst enemy (and part of my profession) which makes it the perfect sacrifice.

I made individual mini meatloaves. This time I decided to add in some stewed tomatoes.....I really liked the additional flavor. Along side we had roasted garlic brussel sprouts and roasted baby red potatoes.

total change of plans.

since i got home late, there was no time to start cooking an entire meal.we ended up having the roast beast leftovers from the other night. but i was still i the mood to cook, so i sliced it very thinly, almost shaved, and made a sandwich called a giacomo. it was my favourite sandwich from a now-defunct little deli from across the street from my job.

first, you split a loaf of crusty, sesame seeded italian bread. mince 6 or 7 cloves of garlic (i used an entire small head :whistling), and mash it into 1 stick of of softened butter. spread this over the insides of the bread. lightly sprinkle them with dried oregano and parsley, and then add a healthy sprinkle of dried basil. put the two open halves buttered side up under the broiler at the closest setting for about 4 minutes, until the bread and garlic are well toasted.

next, you place the shaved roast beef on one half of the garlic bread, pour on a little gravy, then add butter sauteed onions and a few slices of american cheese. a little more gravy gets poured across the other half, and the sandwich is closed.

and more gravy for dipping. :pig:

they were awesome.

oh, and we had salad, raw carrots, and baked spuds.

Last edited:
BT, while my arteries are cringing from all that butter, gravy and cheese, that sounds absolutely delicious!

It wirked.....!!!

Here is our dinner from last night, we had store bought flatbreads One with Spanish chorizo and shrimp, the other with pears and goat cheese. Both had a bottom layer of good home-crafted caramelized onions. They were delicious, we each had half of each. We did use store-bought flatbreads. My child bride paired our meal with an Arugula salad Y toasted walnuts and a light dressing (salad not shown).

Click on Flat Breads to see more.

flatbred33.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom