Dinner, Wed. July 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m thinking it will be breaded cube steak (minute steak) smothered in gravy with mash potatoes, green peas and rolls or garlic bread.

Grilled salmon fillets with lemon-lime butter and tossed salad. For dessert we're having some of BettyR's "Premium Vanilla Ice Cream." The mix of the ice cream smells divine, so can't wait to try the ice cream. Good for a hot day.

Left Overs. Last night we had chicken and rice fatitas. I didn't end up posting yesterday. I cooked the chicken in salsa and sour cream in the crock pot and mixed it with cooked rice. We made fajatas with sour cream, salsa, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.

The night before, I made pasta fagioli.

There are now too many leftovers in the house.

So tonight it's leftovers!!

I just made up my dinner for tonight, black bean stir fry with bell peppers, mushrooms and green beans! Served on a bed of rocket with Shaka's Sauce!

never got to the cake part yesterday, ran out of time, so I'm doing it today as a treat for us. only, I am going wild and doing a lemon cake, with blueberry soda instead of the water and banana cream pie filling. < now this may turn out awful, but I have high hopes.
for dinner, right now [thanks to the coke and beef marry idea] I've got a fillet mignon roast, soaking in coke and catsup. Hope it works. Our DD got me for Christmas, the most wonderful thermometer for the oven, it's wireless. later on, we'll plop it in the oven, set on med/rare and then yank it out. brown rice with barley and fresh herbs and yellow squash will round out the meal, oh yea, and tomatoes with mozzarella slices with balsamic​

Another hot day today... so I want something easy and light. Spinach noodle pie. Boil and drain a package of broad egg noodles. Beat about 4 eggs, mix in about 1 1/2 of cottage cheese, nutmeg, chopped small onion, s&p and 1 pkg of spinach (frozen/thawed/squeezed dry). (If I had some shrooms, I would add them too.)Combine with the cooked noodles and spread in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 about 35-45 minutes. A side salad and peaches for dessert.

Last edited:
Egg salad (I am getting between 7-9 eggs per day & need to use some up)

green salad

seedless red grapes & cantaloupe

Home made split pea soup with ham, carrot, onions and a little bit of potato.

Crusty Italian bread, fresh from the bakery. Maybe a scoop of vanilla ice cream for desert.

Dinner been and gone, but I did:

Pan fried Jon Dory with roasted chips (ok fries :chef:) served with a tomato, green bean and pancetta stirfry (this made the meal to be honest!!).

Kicking myself that I forgot to add some toasted almonds to the tomato / green bean thing. I'm always forgetting something.

Spaghetti with alfredo sauce, spinach and chopped chicken along with warm ciabatta rolls.

Since I had a large Alaskan King Crab leg leftover from Sunday night's crab-leg feast, I picked out the meat, mixed it with some imitation lobster meat to fill things out, & made several "pseudo lobster rolls" with it. Toasted sesame-seed mini-sub rolls, filled with the meat (which I heated by sauteeing in lots of butter & then stirred in some mayonnaise), along with a large covering of chopped baby greens. Delicious!!

Back
Top Bottom