Dinner Wed Nov 1 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Med, my husband corrected me, it was Chocolate Decadence, how he remembers this, as well as the name of the bakery that has long since closed is a shocker to me !!! :ohmy:

The Groom's cake at my wedding was a quadruple chocolate thingy that my bride picked out. It was also my birthday cake. Yes, I got married on my birthday.

I actually liked the main wedding cake better. I'm not a big dessert person, but that cake was really good. It had some kind of booze in it, I think Bourbon, so it wasn't too sugary sweet. Maybe the booze was in the icing -- I don't recall. It was good.

CD

In our household dinner was sweet and sour pork with rice and steamed veggies. Had to use up some leftovers.

Fabulous looking pics here this evening, and great sounding dinners. :yum:

Veggie omelet here this evening using the last of the asparagus, the last couple of 'shrooms, chopped bell peppers from the freezer, with roasted sweet potato wedges on the side. Determined to use up produce before I buy more...sometimes that's a challenge for a family of one. :ermm::LOL:

It was a pizza with sausage and mushrooms, black olives, topped with mozzarella I made today. MMMMM it was good.

... lastl day of the World Series. Dodgers/Astros are going the full distance...
That was some game! It was fun listening to the Houston Astros play-by-play guys. Too bad the streaming audio was almost two batters behind what was on TV.

Dinner was leftovers. Everything is gone except about half a serving of last night's bean soup. I'll have to cook something tomorrow, since we aren't leaving until Saturday.

One of the guys I used to work with lived in Minneapolis for a while, and said that when dads would take the little ones out on Halloween they would take a shot glass along, and get periodic refills...
The dads in our first neighborhood walked around with beer mugs. If it was warm, refills would be beer. If the weather was chilly, they happily accepted small pours of something more warming.
You mean you've never heard of "Trick or Drink!"
The guys in our neighborhood called it "Drink or Treat". Same thing...same results. :LOL:

We had homemade rotisserie chicken with Hubbard squash, mashed potatoes and gravy. Oh, and a tossed salad.

Back
Top Bottom