Dinner Wed Nov 1 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Happy Dia del Muerto
Happy lastl day of the World Series. Dodgers/Astros are going the full distance.

It's too early for dinner, but not too early to think about it. I think I will convert some of yesterday's sloppy joe's into chili sauce and make chili dogs, a handful of chips, and roasted acorn squash smiles.

For treats during the game, there's leftover Halloween candy, only had about 6 kids show up at my door last night. Well it was cold here, so maybe parents didn't want to go out too long with their little ones.

One of the guys I used to work with lived in Minneapolis for a while, and said that when dads would take the little ones out on Halloween they would take a shot glass along, and get periodic refills. Is this true? Or are you going to take the fifth (pun intended)?

Tonight we're having marinated steak tips on the grill, Lundberg's wild rice blend with bacon and mushrooms in the zoji (one of Mrs. T's favorites), green salad.

One of the guys I used to work with lived in Minneapolis for a while, and said that when dads would take the little ones out on Halloween they would take a shot glass along, and get periodic refills. Is this true?...

You mean you've never heard of "Trick or Drink!"

One of the guys I used to work with lived in Minneapolis for a while, and said that when dads would take the little ones out on Halloween they would take a shot glass along, and get periodic refills. Is this true? Or are you going to take the fifth (pun intended)?

A great way to bond with your kids as you walk along with them. And you knew just which neighbors would be right" neighborly.":rolleyes:

Nicoise salad with fresh seared tuna, with a dijon, white wine vinegar vinaigrette.

Yesterday was our anniversary and were honored with a lovely meal at the home of some dear friends. In view of that our own anniversary meal was moved to tonight.

We're going to have grilled steaks and baked potatoes, along with some champagne and an ample slice of anniversary cake. It's a small version of our wedding cake. Every year on our anniversary we treat ourselves to a 8-inch version of our original cake. The cake is sooooo good. How could we NOT do this?!

I forgot the picture.

Attachments

• 2017-11-01 17.56.09.jpg
    2017-11-01 17.56.09.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 153
:LOL: HA!
Talkin' about "trick or drink" -- the neighborhood that we lived in back in Hawaii was my childhood home. Most folks would add on to their homes for the next generation (more like 3 generations under one roof), so I knew everyone.
Everyone took their kids out ToTing with a plastic cup and would get refills at various locations :ROFLMAO: Me, last night I sat outside with my wine and had a grand ole' time!

But I digress from the topic ... DINNER!

I'm making p'sghetti & meatballs :yum:

Katie, I love your tradition of an Anniversary Cake!
I just told DH about it and he agrees that we should do the same...
ours was "Death By Chocolate", I'm sure that I could find a recipe for that :chef:

I'm on a four-hour flight back to Dallas, so dinner tonight, if I have any, will be what I can grab.

I did have a great lunch in Kirkland at this little place called, "The Slip." Great cod sandwich. Perfectly cooked, good roll, and good fries on the side.

CD

Decided to move those wishes a little closer, eh? :LOL:

CD :angel:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Since I wasn't crazy about the chicken in rice the other night, I decided to try my own hand at a chicken and rice casserole for dinner. The rice last time was pretty bland tasting, so this time I'm using Rice-a-Roni garlic and chicken rice. I'm going to season the daylights out of the chicken and this time the rice goes around the chicken, not under it.

I've had good luck with adding hamburger to chicken Rice-a-Roni and seasoning it up, so we'll see what happens in an oven casserole with chicken this time.

Back
Top Bottom