Dinner Wednesday, 12-14-2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
A couple of days ago I mentioned to Himself that we hadn't had fried fish for a while. Since I needed to do a little grocery run to get fresh fruit and veggies to snack on while driving home for the holidays, I also had them fry some flounder for me. Got a little bit of coleslaw from the case, pulled stuff from our freezer and pantry, and dinnah is served!

20221214_202929.jpg

What did you serve up at your place today?

I think DH is starting to feel better, he actually asked for a dish of Pasta!
IMG_2363.JPG
My take on Cacio e pepe with his all time favorite Anchovies Fillets and a small side Chopped Salad.
He devoured that!!!
All I heard was, "MMM, MMM, MMM! That's so good, thank you!" (I had had my dinner hours ago, he was sleeping most of the day.)

I had a supper plan. I was going to make some onion soup. Then I had a look at the onions. They had gotten wet. Ick, ick, ick. That entailed a fair bit of cleaning and some triage on those onions. By the time I had done that I had used up just about all of my spoons. So, we ordered from our favourite hamburger place. This time, I tried their hamburger steak. I will definitely order that again. I had it with a side of grilled asparagus.

Cuban-style Picadillo

I cook the recipe pretty much as written, except I use whatever color bell pepper I have on hand and I cut the cumin in half. I usually make a full recipe, but immediately put half in a storage container before we serve ourselves. It always tastes like "just a little bit more...".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom