Dinner wednesday, 5/3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to cook on the grill but it's raining today, so I'll wait and see what everyone else on here is having and maybe get inspired.

I bought some lovely asparagus at the store yesterday. I'll probably do something with that. I was thinking of making that asparagus lasagna recipe that was posted awhile ago. Last time I made it I really enjoyed it.

Yardwork today and they are calling for rain this afternoon (probably won't though, we live in Chicago, they are always wrong!) and around 80 degrees. Don't want to use the oven --soooo, opted for the good ol' crockpot - roasted sticky chicken served with a side fresh angel hair pasta with fresh basil, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Done!

Michelemarie said:
Yardwork today and they are calling for rain this afternoon (probably won't though, we live in Chicago, they are always wrong!) and around 80 degrees. Don't want to use the oven --soooo, opted for the good ol' crockpot - roasted sticky chicken served with a side fresh angel hair pasta with fresh basil, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Done!
Michelemarie that sounds awesome!!!I'm trying to make dinners that I have lots of leftovers for the next few days- there is going to be alot of chaos here the next few days so I figure I better have stuff readily available for the masses-(whoever that maybe!!!!!):rolleyes:

Well I'm still tackling all this garage sale stuff........pricing and organizing. So we may just have left over spagetti. DH didn't get to have any Monday night as he wasn't able to get home between work and school. I think I'll just heat that up and make some fresh spagetti noodles.

Well last night I made a variation of Kadesmas Hot Easy Tomato Pie. I left out the mayo as I don't eat that, but added a pound of ground beef. It was very tasty. We will have leftovers of that for dinner tonight.

gonna try to grill some (evoo, balsamic, garlic, green apples) marinated chicken breasts and pork chops, bbq sauced chicken legs, and evoo/s&p rubbed sweet onion and fennel slices, and red peppers.

and since the mango salsa was a huge hit, i'll make more of that. i'm down to my last mango - need to get back to the farmer's market.

vickiq or anyone in north joisey: if you are ever in the armpit of bergen and passaic counties, try to get to the paterson farmer's market just off crooks avenue. take rte. 46 to the big bend near the split for 21, but keep going straight on crooks.
unbelievable prices, great variety of everything from the run of the mill to exotic south american and middle eastern foods.

vickiq or anyone in north joisey: if you are ever in the armpit of bergen and passaic counties, try to get to the paterson farmer's market just off crooks avenue. take rte. 46 to the big bend near the split for 21, but keep going straight on crooks.
unbelievable prices, great variety of everything from the run of the mill to exotic south american and middle eastern foods.

Thanks Bucky- I just printed out the directions-sounds like a fun day trip for me and you know who.Have you ever been to Reading Station in Phillie?It's another Foodies point of exploration!!!!!

tg, gotta run on a job right now (or else csi promos won't get on the air), but i'll post my version later. it's extremely simple but strangely delicious. a little heat, a little sweet.-*

it was a big thing in a lot of dishes a coupla years ago in nyc. it seemed to appear with just about anything, from fish to chicken or pork.

and since the mango salsa was a huge hit, i'll make more of that. i'm down to my last mango - need to get back to the farmer's market.quote]

Hey Bucky! This mango salsa......what do you serve it with? Also, can you give me some tips on how to pick the right mango. I've tried it several times but I don't think they were ripe and I didn't enjoy the texture. Also, there was like a metalically taste if memory serves me right. I've have them canned with a mixture of other tropical fruits and really liked them. I know I'd love them fresh if I could just figure out how to select them.

And if thats not enough....can you share your mango recipe?

rickell said:
HOW DO YOU MAKE YOURS?

I THINK MY HUSBAND IS SMOKING BABY BACKS TODAY.
NOT SURE BUT LOVE GOULASH

I know we went through the goulash thing not too long ago about what is the proper goulash ,but, this is what I grew up with and what it was called.

I get browned ground beef, cooked noodles, mix them together, add chopped tomatoes, sauce and sometimes corn. That's it. It's cheap and easy and mine love it!! You can add all kinds of things to it. Search for the goulash and I bet you'll find the thread that has everyones version of it.

I found it, it was your thread:LOL: Sorry, didn't realize.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/goulash-recipes-21056.html?highlight=goulash

sizz, i just posted the mango salsa recipe under misc. category.

for mangoes, i've never had one that was metallic tasting. not sure what could have caused that. i've had ones that had hints of pine, but never metal. it could be one of those genetic things, like many people experience with cilantro.
to choose a mango, they should just give a little when pressed. if they are rock hard, i usually put them out on a window sill until they feel a little soft. they are getting overripe when you begin to see the skin wrinkle a little. that's ok to use when making salsa. however if the flesh starts to turn dark instead of a brighter yellowish/orange, then it's probably gone too far.
also, if they just give a little, and have a slight, sweet mango-ey smell, buy it immediately. the sweet smelling ones are usually very sweet inside, just like picking a melon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom