Dinner Wednesday, 8-8-2018 ~ National Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I know of few of you have mentioned the rather generous yields your zucc plants have provided. Today may be the day to move some of those beauties along: National Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day

No zucchini on our plates tonight. We'll be having shrimp po'boys (I need to use up some of the Kaiser rolls) paired up with the last of the corn and bean salad from yesterday. I'm thinking of making a clafoutis for dessert, too, but I'm only at the "thinking" stage. :LOL:

Poulet a la Creme is what the recipe says. It's chicken thighs pan roasted with shallots, mushrooms and cream.

Poulet a la Creme is what the recipe says. It's chicken thighs pan roasted with shallots, mushrooms and cream.

Sounds like my kind of recipe Andy. Would you please pass on the link?

We're having Asian Napa Chicken Salad I used to do ages ago when it was called politically incorrect "Oriental" Salad. :ermm:
I ran across the recipe in my old recipe box, and it's been years.

Love the intentions of the zucchini title.

Yesterday I made some 'mock apple pie filling' with zucchini. It's essentially apple pie filling with the zucchini sliced up and it looks and tastes like apple pie filling. I thickened it with sure-jell but you could use flour or cornstarch as you please.

We'll be eating leftovers, while we are making some colby cheese today.

Moroccan grilled chicken over curried couscous.

Attachments

• 2018-08-08 17.32.35.jpg
    2018-08-08 17.32.35.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 170
Well I didn’t sneak it onto neighbors porch but ... I snuck it into my hubs dinner tonight.

Homemade Italian flavored turkey meatballs and sauce. Served over Barilla zucchini and spinach veggie spaghetti and topped with Parmesan regiano and pecorino Romano cheeses.

BC7122B2-0332-4260-A4BA-9A6AB154E400.jpeg

This was a first on the meatballs and the pasta. The pasta has 1 serving of veggies in each serving. The meatballs were very mild. Next time I will use more fresh herbs, garlic, onion and salt. The sauce was perfect. I will definitely make this again because it tasted great. No pictures unfortunately. Next time.

I think those zukes multiply like rabbits!

Mrs. T and I went out to lunch at a waterfront restaurant, and we both had deep fried full belly clams. So tasty, but that's our quota of grease for the month. For dinner Mrs. T had cheese and crackers, I had some leftover grilled chicken thighs and an ear of corn.

Stuffed chicken breast (cheese and sun dried tomatoes) with green beans peas and carrots with brown onion gravy.

Russ

Thanks for that Andy. I'm such a fan of JP, I just ordered his new cookbook.
“Jacques Pepin Heart & Soul In the Kitchen”
I need another cookbook like a hole in the head, but I just couldn't resist this one that sounds like a treasure.

You're welcome. JP is one of my heroes and I learned a lot watching him on TV and reading his books.

I actually modified the recipe a bit, adding a shallot and using skin on thighs as SO likes crispy chicken skin.

Shrimp & Crawfish boil....

39817-albums960-picture7550.jpg
[/IMG]

Had a former employee over for a visit. A single young man..we asked him what he would like and he said he couldn't afford big rib eyes since he left the deli, so we carved off a one pounder for him..he ate it all, plus all of the trimmin's. three corn on the cob, duck fat potatoes, mushrooms, peach cobbler..he's out on the back deck now with gf having a cafe latte..I'm done..they are smokers..

I had a big lunch in an Exxon station. :ohmy:

Well, sort of. The right half of the building is an Exxon station, and the left half is The Depot Cafe.

A friend and I went to lunch, and had chicken fried steak. I had mashed potatoes and fried okra with mine. Very tasty, and it came with a really great bread-roll -- no butter needed, it was that good on its own.

That was a day's worth of food in one meal. So tonight, I am grazing on fruits, cheese and crackers.

CD

I had a big lunch in an Exxon station. :ohmy:

Well, sort of. The right half of the building is an Exxon station, and the left half is The Depot Cafe.

A friend and I went to lunch, and had chicken fried steak. I had mashed potatoes and fried okra with mine. Very tasty, and it came with a really great bread-roll -- no butter needed, it was that good on its own.

That was a day's worth of food in one meal. So tonight, I am grazing on fruits, cheese and crackers.

CD
If one follows F&W or Bon Apetit, gas station food is all the rage now! Barely an issue goes by, it seems, without at least one article about it.

Can’t say I’ve found any gas station food in LV worth writing about, although Mark tells me there’s one on the east side that has a mean menudo on the weekend.

If one follows F&W or Bon Apetit, gas station food is all the rage now! Barely an issue goes by, it seems, without at least one article about it.

Can’t say I’ve found any gas station food in LV worth writing about, although Mark tells me there’s one on the east side that has a mean menudo on the weekend.

I have lived in my current town since 1995, and never went to this place before. It got a write up in D Magazine, so I gave it a try.

It is amazing to me how many good places to eat are right under my nose, and I don't know it. You have to seek them out.

CD

Grab a BA from the mid 90's and one from a year ago and compare the recipe index.:mad: That mag has gone to crap.

Grab a BA from the mid 90's and one from a year ago and compare the recipe index.:mad: That mag has gone to crap.
I receive their magazine, but it’s kinda reading for the loo. I get most of their recipes on Twitter. Some very good ones, too, but you’re right, good ones are becoming scarce.

Back
Top Bottom