Dinner Wednesday Feb. 20/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the exact recipe I started off with Amy. Here's how I "adapted" it a bit:

My variation: first off, I had a 3-pound package of chicken parts (drums, thighs, & wings), so I added a can of diced tomatoes to the stewed ones so I’d have a bit more sauce. I also baked the chicken by itself for 30 minutes at 350 to brown it up a bit before adding it to the sauce. I prefer doing that to frying/browning in a skillet - I end up with far less chicken fat.

I used turkey bacon sautéed in extra-virgin olive oil in place of regular bacon, & used one large Vidalia onion in place of the 2 small ones specified. Also sprinkled in some granulated garlic & crushed red pepper flakes. Cooked the sauce up in a large cast-iron skillet on the stovetop, added the partially baked chicken pieces on top, & put the skillet back in the oven to continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Delicious!!

That's the exact recipe I started off with Amy. Here's how I "adapted" it a bit:

My variation: first off, I had a 3-pound package of chicken parts (drums, thighs, & wings), so I added a can of diced tomatoes to the stewed ones so I’d have a bit more sauce. I also baked the chicken by itself for 30 minutes at 350 to brown it up a bit before adding it to the sauce. I prefer doing that to frying/browning in a skillet - I end up with far less chicken fat.

I used turkey bacon sautéed in extra-virgin olive oil in place of regular bacon, & used one large Vidalia onion in place of the 2 small ones specified. Also sprinkled in some granulated garlic & crushed red pepper flakes. Cooked the sauce up in a large cast-iron skillet on the stovetop, added the partially baked chicken pieces on top, & put the skillet back in the oven to continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Delicious!!

Sounds Yum. When did you add the beans -- I can probably wing it from the recipe. Would like to use chicken breasts - but sure I can adapt the recipe. Thank you.

I added the beans just a few minutes before I added the chicken. Oh, & I just drained the beans lightly - didn't rinse. I like some canned bean liquid in certain sauces, & this was one of them.

If you're going to use breasts for this recipe, you'll definitely have to cut down on the cooking time a bit. For a recipe like this, I'd probably use skin-on bone-in breasts. I think they'd be better than the skinless/boneless ones, but to each his own. :chef:

I added the beans just a few minutes before I added the chicken. Oh, & I just drained the beans lightly - didn't rinse. I like some canned bean liquid in certain sauces, & this was one of them.

If you're going to use breasts for this recipe, you'll definitely have to cut down on the cooking time a bit. For a recipe like this, I'd probably use skin-on bone-in breasts. I think they'd be better than the skinless/boneless ones, but to each his own. :chef:

Thanks, Breezy.:cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom