Dinner!?!? Wednesday March 16th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner!?!? Wednesday March 16th

What's up? Is today National Fasting Day?

I'm making char sui with a pork tenderloin and a quick and dirty fried rice.

Salisbury steak with mushroom gravy, half a dozen french fries (portion control), and a sugar-free ice cream bar.

I was wondering if this thread had been started already. I didnt' have time to search for it...
dinner is spaghetti and meatballs! yummmmy! :pig: pigs are cute.

I have had a little more energy today and have gotten a little more done. I am taking advantage of the "energy surge" and am cooking my St. Patrick's Day meal today (there will be lots of leftovers for tomorrow). So tonight will be corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onions, and butter. LOL--I added butter separately because when I have corned beef and cabbage butter is practically its own food group. Fortunately I don't have it too often! :pig:

I had a deadline today--so ate "junk" food (hard boiled eggs, smoked oysters, and a smoothie--not all at once!). Then I realized I had all the ingredients to make lasagne--instead of beef--I'm using lean turkey. The tomatoes are simmering now ("okay--the ingredient I didn't have was tomato sauce--but, I had to run into "town" to send the document and stopped at the grocery store--picked up 3.5 lb of roma tomatoes--past their best buy date--perfect ripeness--not as good as the ones that are in the freezer at the other house, but what can I say). Lasagne's tomorrow menu <g>. And, if I get ambitious, I'll fire up the bread machine and make a baquette to turn into garlic bread.

Me, myself, and I had a debate about (a) pork hocks and (b) corned brisket at the grocery store but I decided lasagne since I had all the ingredients except for the tomato sauce...Stay tuned. I've weighed the ingredients...might actually be able to post my recipe tomorrow!

We had the Philly steak sandwiches with sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms, homemade cole slaw and roasted sliced potatoes.

We had BBQ-sauced pork ribs, southern style green beans, coleslaw, and corn bread.

Everything was good except the corn bread. I tried making it from scratch and the recipe I had was, well, really bad. :mad:

Me, myself, and I had a debate about (a) pork hocks and (b) corned brisket at the grocery store

Those sound suspiciously like my very own me, myself and I at the grocery store! haha

I bought some lovely asparagus yesterday so it's going into my risotto ... mise en place all set up but I have yet to stand still long enough to cook it up! I better go get my chicken stock to simmering now.

Boneless center cut chops, laced with lots of Penzy's Bavarian seasoning (herbs, and mustard seed) cooked on the grill, roasted broccoli, and rice cooked with garlic and chicken broth.

Woo Hoo........Husband is cooking tonight so I'm banned from the kitchen.

"Crispy Noodle Cake with Shrimp and Snow Peas"

WOW, I'll gladly get out of the kitchen anytime he says. This was delicious!!
img_979899_0_0a065ab4901795515ea59618293d0643.jpg

That looks good Kayelle. And I just bought some shrimp yesterday. I'd like to see a recipe of what he did, too.

I was going to grill some chicken thighs yesterday, but then I got to thinking if I was grilling them, or cooking them using a grill... and then I realized that it was neither, because my grill is an abomination only fit for boiling water and heating CI skillets... :( so I had leftovers instead.
:LOL:

Really I just didn't feel like cooking supper. DST always throws my eating off a little bit. Not to metion the cookies I ate coming home from the grocery store :angel:

:LOL: Z and Pac. I'm sorry but I think this recipe will be his secret. I found his hand written recipe in the kitchen this morning after he left the house, and his handwriting looks like my doctors writing on a prescription. :wacko:
I can make out some of it, but not enough. After his wife died, he really got into Asian cooking and he has a binder full of hand written recipes he brought to this marriage. The details of the recipes, complete with time lines, would only be written by an Engineer.......so opposite from my cooking style. :ohmy: I cleaned up the kitchen after dinner (he always does that for me when I cook) and I think he used more stuff than I do for three or four meals. :huh: As much as I enjoyed him cooking for me, I hate cleaning up the mess, so I'm looking forward to being the head chef again. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom