Dinner Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I tried a new recipe for shrimp and pasta. The sauce came from simmering tiny tomatoes with garlic and basil. Besides the shrimp, etc there also was prosciutto. We started with nice salads, but I didn't take a photo. Almost didn't bother with this one, either, since I can rarely get on DC using my phone again. Getting to be old...
IMG_20220309_211619843_HDR.jpg

I was in the mood for something Chinese today, so I soaked some dried eggplant, and some brown rice - the soaked brown rice would cook in about the same time as chana dal, on low pressure, which I did in the Instant Pot, with the eggplant. While that was cooking, I browned some ground pork (only 8 oz, though the finished dish looks like a lot more) in a wok, starting with a Szechwan mix of garlic, ginger, and the chili paste. I added a little light and dark soy, and eggs at the end, like fried rice, stirring up that fond from the browning. Then, the cooked rice and lentils were stirred in, with a lot of chopped scallions. I also made a Chinese type cucumber salad, and snacked on that, while cooking!
Fried rice/chana dal, with ground pork and eggplant. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Chinense style salad, with cukes and red bell peppers. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We ordered from our favourite Greek resto. DH ordered a chicken brochette platter and I had a souvlaki platter. We shared some dolmadakia. Deeeeelicious. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom