Dinner Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caine

Washing Up
For lunch, I have a 1/4 pound hot dog with mustard and Ted's hot sauce (I couldn't justify firing up the grill last night for just one hot dog), a sandwich baggie full of baked Lay's Potato Chips, and 1/8th of a peach pie.

No more hockey until Monday, so I'll be enjoying a nice green salad and half a goblet of Turning Leaf Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 reserve for supper.

THe plan is to have my yummy new meatloaf recipe, saffron rice and ?
I have to go raid the refrige/freezor to figure out what veggie we will be having.

"Ricey Boats"

Half an aubergine stuffed with chicken, mushrooms and wild rice, oregano and white wine.

The name was my wife's idea as when served they kinda look like boats. Full of rice.

Making a turkey breast in the oven along with mashed potatoes. Lettuce salad for a veg..Not sure about a dessert yet.

Just me here tonight, so leftover pork tenderloin sandwich w/ melted cheese on toasted bun and fries.
Caramel cake w/crm. cheese frosting - dessert !!

Last edited:
Bourbon...Blanton's Single barrel

Grilled fish of some variety

Sauteed veggies of some discription

Some good bread..

Bourbon...Blanton's for dessert!

DH is grilling several pork tenderloins that I had rubbed with evoo,salt,pepper,garlic and let sit in regrigerator over night. When they are done and cool enough to handle, I'm going to use the meat slicer and shave them. Then will put them on buttered and grilled french rolls, add some grilled onions and cheese, monterey jack, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and pass a nice sweet bbq sauce..Have a tortellini salad with pesto,chopped tomatoes and pine nuts to go with...Dessert, ice cream sammies.
kadesma;)

I LOVE this daily thread!

Don't you love the internet? I mean, 10 (more like 15 or 20 now) years ago who would have imagined you could see what people are having for dinner on the other side of the planet?!

Fantastic stuff!

We should finish up the burrito fixins..but I think we'll have frozen pizza instead.

Nobody here but me tonight, so I may scramble a couple of eggs and make some toast. I have some really good bread and will have some tangelo marmalade on a second piece for my dessert.

We will go with the wife's home favorites: Chicken Adobo, lumpia and white rice. Good Combo.

salmon, a huge red apple, mixed raw nuts, skim milk and my favorite cocktail which is diet coke, fizzy water and cranberry apple juice, 1/3 each in a glass full of ice. so good...................

tonight it was chocolate hushpuppies! mmmm!

o and dinner was mac & cheese, a different recipe from the usual. made a roux type sauce and what not.
was planning on a salad, didn't get around to that though:ermm:

Last night I tried a new "from scratch" recipe for "Sloppy Joe's", & it turned out great. Husband - who isn't a big "Sloppy Joe" fan - loved it, so it's definitely a keeper.

Served them on toasted soft sesame rolls. Husband had his plain; I had a nice crisp cole slaw atop mine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom