Dinner Wednsday, February 16, 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Tonight's dinner surprised me. I got p from my nap after dyalisis to wonton soup. NOw I've made plenty of wonton soup thoughout the yhears, usually with Chicken broth, chicken, onion, celery, diced water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic, 5-spice powder, and soy sauce. It always has come out pretty tasty, This wonton soup was made by my DIL. and was absolutely some of the best Ive ever eaten. I asked what was in the wontons before heating up leftovers in the microwave, She ssaid - Cihcken and cilantro. Ok, so I filled a bowl and heated it up, I first tasted the vroth. My taste buds were doing a happy dance.:LOL: It was ricj with umami flavor, not salty, or overpowered with ginger, soy sauce, or 5-spice. Instead, I tasted a rich chicken broth. I then ate one of the wontons. It was good, but not as amazing as the broth It indeed had chicken, and cilantro in it.

So what made this soup stand above most wonton soup? It was the combination of rich chicken flavor, coupled with the cilantro, and the addition of diced mushrooms. The mushroom's had been cooked in the broth, not sautéed beforehand. Some of the cilantro was floating in the broth as well.
You have to give this flavor combination a try. It'll surprise you. Were I a younger man, with a younger man's stomach, three bowls of this soup wouldn't have been enough. Like I said above; some of the best wonton soups I've ebver eaten. Kudos to my daughter in law.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We ordered from our favourite Greek resto. I had lamb chops and DH had a chicken brochette. It was delicious, as usual. We have a bunch of their tasty rice pilaf left over for other meals.

We had leftovers from the previous days Chinese food stop.

Picked up a couple of bundt cakes from the Nothing Bundt Cakes shop, while running errands. They are yummy. :yum:

Ross

Tonight's dinner surprised me. I got p from my nap

Umm, what?

Getting old sucks, huh?

Lol, just kidding mein bruder.

For our dinner, the left side of the offensive line came over to lift in the basement with my son, so my wife made a huge lasagna. 2 baguettes and a whole cheesecake later, there ain't nothin' left.

Umm, what?

Getting old sucks, huh?

Lol, just kidding mein bruder.

For our dinner, the left side of the offensive line came over to lift in the basement with my son, so my wife made a huge lasagna. 2 baguettes and a whole cheesecake later, there ain't nothin' left.

True story: I was part of a young married branch of our church, and had a good friend who also liked to cook. We decided to have a lasagna dinner for our group of about fifteen newly married couples. We also decided that he and I would do all the cooking, and give the wives a break. So we purchased enough supplies to make five large pans of lasagna. I made the sauce, while he browned the ground beef. We shared the rest of the prep as well. Then, we put it all together, and started baking the lasagna. We made a Caesar's salad to go with the pasta while it was baking.

We wanted to make sure that each pan ha generous portions of sauce, meat, cheese, black olives, and chopped onion, with just a bit of crushed red pepper. We portioned it all out as we built the lasagnas, making sure to leave enough for the last one. Now, we ate last, as we were doing the cooking, and serving, and just in case the last pan was short on ingredients. W were surprised that there was actually an abundance of ingredients. That last pan was visibly amazing. We got teased by the others who stated that we'd saved the best for ourselves. Whenever a group dinner was attended, for the next several months, someone would bring up that last pan of lasagna.

It was a great period of our lives. We all took turns providing a meal, always at the cook's home. Sometimes the meal would take place at different homes, with each host providing some part of the whole. Good memories.

And yes, BT, naps are now a necessity on dyalisis days. I want my twenty tree year old body back. it was an amazing thing that I enjoyed very much.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom