Dipping sauce ideas for chicken nuggets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Got a box of Chicken Nuggets ( vegetarian)
Granted they are not the same thing, but Im sure dipping sauces will be fine with them.

Just looking for a few suggestions. I already have a few ideas, but curious what you guys will grow at me.

I like a sweet & sour sauce. Here's one --

• 1/2 cup apricot jam
  • 2 tablespoons corn syrup
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 5 teaspoons vinegar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • pinch chicken better than bouilion or similar
  • 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce, Stonewall Kitchens Curried Mango sauce, and their Honey Mustard Aioli are sauces we often use for chicken.

Ypu can always do them Buffalo style, with Frank's and blue cheese.

Or Chinese, with a Duck type sauce, or lemon or orange sauce,

Then there's also an array of mustards. See the recent mustard thread for inspiration.

A mixture of orange marmalade or apricot jam with scallions, chili garlic paste, soy sauce, and lemon or lime juice makes a nice sweet-hot dipping sauce.

I usually just mix two tablespoons of orange marmalade with a teaspoon of Huy Fong chili garlic paste for a quick single serving.

Your favorite Bq sauce
I like to take baby rays and mix with a little peach or apricot jam
For quick and easy visit the salad dressing isle
Honey Mustard
Blue cheese
thousand island- doctor up with some black pepper and horseradish
go to oriental isle
Lac hoy has a good sweet and sour dipping sauce.
could place some parm cheese on them when baking them and serve with a marinara sauce.

Instead of using them for dipping, might you consider making them into an "Orange Chicken" of sorts? There are lots of ways to make an orange sauce. The easiest being orange marmalade, bbq sauce and soy sauce...or make a more traditional sauce with oil, orange juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch. Pot of rice, maybe some scallions for color...ta-da, dinner! ;-)

Instead of using them for dipping, might you consider making them into an "Orange Chicken" of sorts? There are lots of ways to make an orange sauce. The easiest being orange marmalade, bbq sauce and soy sauce...or make a more traditional sauce with oil, orange juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch. Pot of rice, maybe some scallions for color...ta-da, dinner! ;-)
Bingo! You took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to add an "Orange Chicken Sauce" but you beat me to it. :)

Crushed Pineapple, minced garlic, powdered ginger, Chinese 5-spice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, onion. Combined to taste. Add dried peppers of choice.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I use this stir fry sauce and make it by the quart. I keep it in pint glass jars. It takes 3 of us about 2 months to go through since it is very concentrated. (I Do make substitutions but this is the original.) It's delicious on lots of things we eat.

This is a smaller recipe.
https://monkeyandmekitchenadventures.com/szechuan-veggie-stir-fry/

• 3 Tablespoons low sodium tamari *
  • 3 Tablespoons organic maple syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons molasses
  • 1 Tablespoon tahini
  • 1 to 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (+/-) *
  • ½ teaspoon ground mustard powder
  • 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flake (+/-)
  • ½ teaspoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)

I use this stir fry sauce and make it by the quart. I keep it in pint glass jars. It takes 3 of us about 2 months to go through since it is very concentrated. (I Do make substitutions but this is the original.) It's delicious on lots of things we eat.

This is a smaller recipe.
https://monkeyandmekitchenadventures.com/szechuan-veggie-stir-fry/

That looks really good blissful.

I have a couple of questions. Is there a reason for low sodium tamari? Is it because of the high salt content in Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce? Is it really necessary to use that much maple syrup and molasses?

Taxlady, it is good and when we run out they want it again....so far every time.
This time I put in orange marmalade and honey instead of maple syrup.

Low sodium tamari.....yes salt is a problem with soy sauce, but soy sauce can be cut with water.
I substitute our homemade less salt and less sugar ketchup for the chili sauce.

For balance, yes, to balance the sweet with the salty, it needs quite a bit. A person could use less salt, then less sweet if they wanted to. We like ours strictly balanced because mr bliss has a sweet tooth, and I like savory.

I usually start heating it on the stove to thicken, then taste it before it get too hot, balance them at that point. Then I finish bringing it to a boil for thickening.

Thanks bliss. I like the idea of using honey instead of maple syrup. Honey is a fair bit thicker than maple syrup. I also like the idea of tasting it part way through to check the balance.

Thanks bliss. I like the idea of using honey instead of maple syrup. Honey is a fair bit thicker than maple syrup. I also like the idea of tasting it part way through to check the balance.

You can boil the syrup down to make it thicker if you like maple flavor.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom