Dips for flat breads.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread made me go find a CB I have - the only Greek CB I ever got that I really liked, and it is definitely authentic. It is The Olive And The Caper - Adventures In Greek Cooking, by Susanna Hoffman.
I´m going to look for that; it´s the kind of book that really gets me interested in local cuisine.
And just for the record: Dr Susanna Hoffman is a PhD in anthropology and one of the first owners of Chez Panisse.

I´m going to look for that; it´s the kind of book that really gets me interested in local cuisine.
And just for the record: Dr Susanna Hoffman is a PhD in anthropology and one of the first owners of Chez Panisse.

I remember reading about her credentials in that book, and that restaurant. And mostly what she did was travel all over Greece and Corfu talking to the locals, getting all the information she could from them, as well as acknowledging them, as much as she could. Definitely the best Greek cookbook I have gotten. Some didn't give it good reviews, because there are few color photos. But I don't want to be paying for half the pages filled with photos, like so many CBs are.

When I checked Amazon I noticed the hardcover is just over $10, but the paperback is $30! Maybe they republished it, with photos? I didn't waste my time trying to figure this out - just checking to see if it was still in print.

1. Cooked egg yolks mashed with dill, or sweet relish, minced cucumber, powdered mustard, like for deviled eggs.
2. Honey/mustard/butter
3. Nutella with chopped hazelnuts, or peanuts
4. Fresh baked salmon fillet's with maple syrup, liquid smoke,
5. Chicken Salad with shredded Parmigiana Reggiano, or Pecorino Romano cheese
6. Lemon, or Lime curd
7. Thin sliced medium rare beef sirloin, finely chopped, but not minced, with mayo, diced cucumber, Lee & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce, and diced tomato
8. Liver Pate'
9. Minced ham salad with brown sugar/mustard sauce
10. Cream cheese with smoked fish of choice
11. Turkey Salad

I'm just giving you more options, not authentic anything, but tasty.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom