Discuss Cooking is now #1 at Chef2Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shock: WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are NUMBER ONE!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

46.gif
36.gif
48.gif

YAY!!!!!!! #1 !!! :ROFLMAO: :D :w00t2: :punk: :clap: WE Did It!!! Now, For US To get in the Hall of Fame, requires min. 8,000 Five Star Votes, OR a Total 40,000 "Stars" Right now WE are at 38,009 which equates to 398.2 More 5 Star Votes!!! HALL OF FAME here WE , DC COMES!!!!!!!! :) Atomic Jed!

Whoa! I'm gone for a couple days and we get to Number 1??? Maybe I should leave for a few weeks, we'll probably get in the Hall of Fame! :LOL:

Way to go everybody! Thanks to all who have voted us up to #1!

firework2.gif

When I voted this morning, we were at 3rd, and it looked like it would be quite a while before we got to 1st. So when my husband told me that we were now number 1, I thought he was teasing! Way to go everyone! And don't stop voting now!

:) Barbara

Just looked last night and we were still #3. The other 2 sites get promoted?

Humm ... most curious .... :huh:

The #1 site had paid their dues and earned the right to move into the Hall of Fame ... but the #2 site got a free pass, IMHO. At 21:12 on 4/7 they were still 172 5-star votes short of the magic Hall of Fame 40,000 point mark. To have made up this difference in less than 48-hours is most remarkable ... for a site that since Dec 11, 2004 only averaged about 2.4 5-Star votes per day ... and their highest vote of about 19.8 5-star votes per day was only in the preceeding 48-hours (4/5-4/7)!

Oh, well ... had #1 and #2 not rolled off into the Hall of Fame ... at the rate we were going we would have passed both of them and been #1 by the end of the month anyway.

FUN FACTS:

At the current rate of voting .... if we didn't get another vote it would take the #2 site 61-days to catch us.

If we only voted once a week ... we would remain in the #1 spot for about 11 weeks before moving into the hall of fame .... and would still be #1.

The site getting the most votes in the now "Top-8" (#7 at 8.07 per day avg) behind us would take over 8 months to catch up to us if we didn't get another vote.

When I first joined in Sept 2004 we were around #48 ... by Dec 11, 2004 we had moved to #10. We were #7 on 23 March and made #4 on 24 March. We Moved up to #3 on 3 April (less than a week ago)!

The way voting is going for the past 9 days ... we will hit the 40,000 point mark in 12-13 days.

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER:

I am sure that some people have found us because we were on the Top-100 list. The question now is ... will we be as visable in the Hall of Fame as we are as the #1 site? Do we want to maintain our presence on the Top-100 list as long as possible? Is moving off into the Hall of Fame moving into obscurity? :ermm:

we're number 1 ?????????? oh wow we got there alot faster than i thought we would. this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen: :w00t2: :punk: :clap:

I Too, "Ponder that thought" Michael ( Gosh, now, WE are #1), when after WE Move into "Hall of Fame" will Our "Presence" be (somewhat "Obscured"?) NAAWWWW, we AND ALL Know who we are, and where "The" Friendly, Knowledge, and Helpfull Culinary area is, :chef: :) Atomic Jed!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom